gsxr rim on max?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

02maxxx

Reaction score
can a gsxr rim 17inch 5.5 wide be modified to fit a max with a braced and notched swingarm?

Yes, the GSXR rim is the standard rim that is modified for the VMax.

I thought the FZR from COO was the deal??? Bowling in the Nationals this week and leaving on a jet plane :)

Attachments

• fat_tire_max_01.jpg
    fat_tire_max_01.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 68
if i understand correctly i can have the drive section machined out of my stock 03 rim ,then machine the center out of a 17 wide x5.5gsxr rim have my center welded in and run it do i use the gsxr disc?or the max disc

i have one from BBR in europe. They machine a peice that bolts to the stock gsxr rotor holes, and then you bolt a vmax rotor to that.

I know a guy selling a pair of like new wheels for an SV1000S which are the same as the 2002 GSXR wheels...:thumbs up:

I've been witting on a pair of gixxer wheels for some time now, I originally bought them for my XS.

Now I'm thinking Vmax. The front is no big deal, I'll go USD for next winter's project.

My question is who, what, where can I get the rear rim milled and setup for the Max and how much is it going to cost me.

Would it be cheaper if I bought one of those $500 wheels from eBay? I'm not wanting to go with a $1800 set of wheels as of yet, cause simply I haven't seen a pair that sings to me yet.

Thanks in advance, I'm just putting together a build list for winter '08

i have one of the $500.00 wheels from ebay-it'll be $400.00 if you send him your stock rim. he's been making them for a while so with his wheel there's less chance of something going wrong. the 18" wheels he has are harley v rod wheels. i've put about 500-600 miles on this rear wheel with no issues. i ran it with the stock front forks and wheel and with the r1 front end i currently have on the bike. i will also be running it when i upgrade the front forks to the 04 radial mount caliper setup in a couple of weeks! i have a 190 on there with no modification done to the swingarm. i went with this wheel cause i need a radial rear tire before i put the r1 front end on there last summer. this wheel is also almost exactly the same as the 98-03 r1 front wheel currently on the max

later odieoh24

Attachments

• 166.jpg
    166.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 33
  • 163.jpg
    163.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 47
  • 164.JPG
    164.JPG
    100 KB · Views: 38
  • 167.JPG