Guatemala Mercy Mission

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dannymax

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My daughter is graduating from Roberts Weslyan College, Rochester, NY, this May in their Registered Nursing ciriculum. She has an opportunity to participate in a medical mission to Guatemala and sent out the following e-mail.

If anyone would like to contribute any of the needed supplies please PM me, I will be sending a package to her at the end of April and would include any forum member donated supplies in that package.

I am very proud of my little girl and can see her doing this sort of thing, as the opportunities come up, all through her life.

She was also at 'Ground Zero' during the 9/11 disaster for 2 weeks, working in a rescue/recovery worker food station set up by the Outback Steak House.

Anything at all would be greatly appreciated....Thanks!!

Hello everyone!

As some of you may know, I am headed to Guatemala this May for a medical missions trip. There are a total of 15 of us headed down in addition to translators and guides. We will be providing health care in 4 different villages in a period of about 10 days. A very large majority of Guatemalan residents have never seen a health care professional- so clinics like these are an excellent opportunity to improve their health and provide them with health education.

In past years, there have been thousands of people seeking healthcare- so as you can imagine the need will always surpass what we can supply. We are collecting the following supplies, if you could help in any way it would be Greatly appreciated. This is what we need:

• Antacids (Pepcid, zantac, tums, rolaids, etc.)
  • Vitamins (Children and adult)
  • Tylenol (Children and adult)
  • Ibuprofen (Children and adult)
  • Cold medicine
  • Benadryl
  • Calcium
  • Fungal creams
  • Cortisone creams
  • Toothbrushes/ toothpaste
  • ACE bandages
Anything would help. We will be consolidating these items into itemized medical bags (to save on space). You could mail them to me or I could easily come pick them up.

Thank you so very much!!!

Jessica

Latest posts

Back