Guess who has busa calipers

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saml01

Reaction score
I DO

For the awesome price of 40 shipped.

Gotta loooooove ebay.

-----

I decided to upgrade the brakes, I swear it feels like my 74 CB360 that had drums stopped better than this thing.

Nice price, I paid $65 for mine. Your gonna love em'!
thumbup1.gif
thumbup1.gif

Hopefully you have aftermarket fork springs installed!:whistlin:

Nice price, I paid $65 for mine. Your gonna love em'!
thumbup1.gif
thumbup1.gif

Hopefully you have aftermarket fork springs installed!:whistlin:

Nah, I dont have aftermarket fork springs.

I dont want to invest to much into this bike. But I want to be safe in the mean time.

Not that you'd want to but, you should easily be able to lock the front wheel with one finger. I can do that with R1 calipers, and those are 4pot, think the 'busa ones are 6 pots so probably even stronger.

SAM do get this all done just invest 200 and buy yourself a radial master cylinder 19x18 or 19x20 and you will see what these 6pot callipers can do. trust me on this .

yeah I can confirm that even with the R1 calipers.
Radial masters change everything. Braking with 2 fingers become a reality !!

I tend to agree with PATMAX for the need of Sean's adapters.
The early YZF 6 pots directly bolt-on the 93-up.
Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

For my 2002 Hayabusa 6 pot calipers I needed a set of Sean's adapters. But I believe Sam went with early 90's (?)YZF750 calipers which are a direct fit to '85-'92 forks.

I went with 2005 Busa calipers, so yes, I will need adapters.

SAM do get this all done just invest 200 and buy yourself a radial master cylinder 19x18 or 19x20 and you will see what these 6pot callipers can do. trust me on this .

Cool idea but unnecessary in my mind. If I can lock up the front wheel with a stock MC and the new calipers alone, then a radial master cylinder wont improve stopping distances.

yeah I can confirm that even with the R1 calipers.
Radial masters change everything. Braking with 2 fingers become a reality !!

Not that you'd want to but, you should easily be able to lock the front wheel with one finger. I can do that with R1 calipers, and those are 4pot, think the 'busa ones are 6 pots so probably even stronger.

Why would I get a radial master to brake with two when I can do it with one? :biglaugh:

--------------

Now I just need to hunt down some cheap rotors.

Stock master, braided lines and Busa calipers are a 1 finger affair for me. Different masters are a waste IMO unless you get them for adjustable levers.

I could lock my front wheel with the stock calipers and HH pads but I had a hard time stopping the bike with any authority. It made realize however that I needed stiffer fork springs due to the diving under braking which was unnerving to say the least.
I now have the busa brakes, lowered progressive springs, ricor intiminators and SS lines and braking is a easy 1 finger affair as well.

i have some busa calipers to sell or trade.
Make me an offer. i would rather let a member have them. instead of selling on fleabay.

I have been searching for R1 rotors and it seems like theres two varieties. 98 - 03 r1 rotors are turning up in 8 rivet and 10 rivet styles. After spending half an hour searching this site, the pictures of upgrades all show 8 rivet rotors.

I want to know if there is a difference.

03 is the last year you can use. The bolt pattern went from 6 to 5 in later years.

i have 6-pot callpers fro gsxr 1000 k1-k2 the gold ones. made a difference when i replaced my brakes with stock master cylinder. but when i installed a radial BRAKING master cylinder 19 x 18 ....WOW more safer brakes because you feel exactly what you press.. the bigger difference was at high speed the braking power it produces. with the stock M/C is alittle risky bcause you may lock your wheel .... thats my opinion. But yes even with a stock M/C........ you will see big difference

03 is the last year you can use. The bolt pattern went from 6 to 5 in later years.

Right, I got that. But im talking about the rivets that hold the two pieces together.

There are 3 varieties for 98 - 03 R1 and R6 bikes. 6, 8, and 10 rivets. I looked up the bikes on BikeBandit and discovered the part numbers are identical. Sadly the pictures dont show anything useful, so I dont know what the part actually looks like.

Right, I got that. But im talking about the rivets that hold the two pieces together.

There are 3 varieties for 98 - 03 R1 and R6 bikes. 6, 8, and 10 rivets. I looked up the bikes on BikeBandit and discovered the part numbers are identical. Sadly the pictures dont show anything useful, so I dont know what the part actually looks like.
Are the rotor diameters all the same? I have 298mm diameter rotors and it has 10 rivets.

Attachments

• tmax500hk wavy rotors.jpg
    tmax500hk wavy rotors.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 6

Latest posts

Back