Guess who's coming back

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunrunner

Reaction score
With both my parents passing away a year or 2 back and with the idea of buying something with some of their money to say mum and dad bought me that .The missus has said if we build a new garage you can get yourself a vmax .

Now with the dollar the way it is do I get a gen2 at a good price from US or do I go gen1 again ..:clapping:

Sorry for your loss . Loss my mom 26 yrs ago and my dad 4 yrs ago . A garage and a new bike very NICE . only thing better both bikes and a garage !! o by the way wonderful wife also !! Try springing 2 bikes on her see what she thinks .

Welcome back indeed and condolences.

I have no idea what import rules are like in NZ, but if it's anything like Oz I wouldn't bother with a GenII import!

Glad to hear you'll be a Maxxer again soon though :)

Welcome back indeed and condolences.

I have no idea what import rules are like in NZ, but if it's anything like Oz I wouldn't bother with a GenII import!

Glad to hear you'll be a Maxxer again soon though :)

Having already have imported my 92 from japan as long as its stock and has all its paperwork its all good . Shipping was cheap only $750NZD and customs was easy , to get it vinned was like a big warrant of fitness . The total cost from Japan was only 2500NZD to get it here . We don't pay duty here on motorbikes ..

Sounds good then! In Oz any bike newer than 1/89 must go through 'Australian compliance' at a cost of $2,500 + parts, that's on top of shipping and port charges, import duty and GST (!!)

I did it with my 2000 vmax - never again. Sounds like it's much better in NZ, go for a cheap GenII import then!

Get one of each. A gen 2 for daily fun and a gen 1 to customize (I've got a perfect candidate sitting here to start with).

Oh, and condolences and welcome back.

Sean

Sorry for your loss. It's always hardest when it's your parents. The hole can never be filled, and I don't mean that in a bad way. There's just nobody else that can love you like your parents did.

That being said... Wouldn't they have wanted both of you to have bikes?
Easy peasy... One of each gen! Take turns swapping back and forth each week.

Condolences on the loss of your parents, Matt.

As far as which max, I guess the question is, do you want an old school hot rod bike or a modern day, high tech retro style bike.

Mike

Hey Matt good to see you around again, sorry to hear about your folks.
We must catch up again for a Vmax reunion.

Obviously buying another Max gen 1 or 2 is a personal preference, however the gen 2 has never really done it for me in the looks department and I would prefer to hot rod a gen 1 for more power ,looks and mods but that's just my opinion of course.
Whatever you decide as long as it sports the Vmax logo it'll do just fine:punk:

I feel a trip coming up:eusa_dance:

Last edited:
Hey Matt good to see you around again, sorry to hear about your folks.
We must catch up again for a Vmax reunion.

Obviously buying another Max gen 1 or 2 is a personal preference, however the gen 2 has never really done it for me in the looks department and I would prefer to hot rod a gen 1 for more power ,looks and mods but that's just my opinion of course.
Whatever you decide as long as it sports the Vmax logo it'll do just fine:punk:

I feel a trip coming up:eusa_dance:

Yeah , I must admit the gen2 I didn't like at first but its growing on me .
But my 1st love is the original .

:punk:

Thanks guys on the condolences , Mum and dad have been gone for about a year now . The family now are in the process of selling house etc ..
Im now in the process of hitting the japan auction site from which I bought my 92 from as dollar is high ..

What is a low km 98 - 01 Max worth nowadays ? :ummm:

You didn't miss anything except for V Boost magazine.
Same old sickos here all who think their Vmax is fastest. Of course mine is the fastest.
Welcome back.

Welcome back Matt, I'm sorry to hear about your parents passing.
As far as which gen Vmax to get, hmm, were it me and I was starting fresh I might go with a gen2. I've had Redbone for 7 seasons which by now a gen2 would be paid for, it's a modern bike, and all the excitement your right hand is willing to inflict on the rest of you!
Although with the Gen1 I would have missed all the character, a fairly easy bike to work on (frustrating at times), and having a motorcycle with your vision and your blood, sweat and fears written all over it!
No, I'm glad I bought Redbone. We have come a long way in 7 seasons with no regrets, and a fun filled future ahead. :punk:

Welcome back Matt, I'm sorry to hear about your parents passing.
As far as which gen Vmax to get, hmm, were it me and I was starting fresh I might go with a gen2. I've had Redbone for 7 seasons which by now a gen2 would be paid for, it's a modern bike, and all the excitement your right hand is willing to inflict on the rest of you!
Although with the Gen1 I would have missed all the character, a fairly easy bike to work on (frustrating at times), and having a motorcycle with your vision and your blood, sweat and fears written all over it!
No, I'm glad I bought Redbone. We have come a long way in 7 seasons with no regrets, and a fun filled future ahead. :punk:

Yes what do do especially when you read on here the 2014 Max could be $14000USD and considering they are currently $35000NZD here if someone on here was to source one for me it could be shipped home and on the road for 22k . Has to be considered I spose .. :ummm:

Latest posts

Back