GURU

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

troylknfru

Reaction score
before i do my Nash reflash, is it ok to do mod airbox and install voodoo exhaust with cat delete, or should i wait and do it all at once? thank you. Troy

I put prob 1000 miles on my bike with 8”delkevics before Gurued. It will pop etc but not going to destroy anything. I wouldnt do the airbox mod until flash though, it will run leaner, prob too lean. The air box mod take45-/+ minutes so just do it when you wait for gurued

Being my 3rd vmax but first of the new gen I had to ask too. I sm a carb guy not ecu, always depended on others for that. Wasn't sure on a bike how lean it would run wo a flash or wide CO. I actually need to call Mr Nash about if i do add a wide band sensor if the ecu will accommodate and adjust A/F. If not just going to leave it as is. But yeah as long as you just do exhaust and not the air box should be ok.

Being my 3rd vmax but first of the new gen I had to ask too. I sm a carb guy not ecu, always depended on others for that. Wasn't sure on a bike how lean it would run wo a flash or wide CO. I actually need to call Mr Nash about if i do add a wide band sensor if the ecu will accommodate and adjust A/F. If not just going to leave it as is. But yeah as long as you just do exhaust and not the air box should be ok.

Unfortunately, the factory ECU cannot use feedback from a wideband sensor.

I have a wideband sensor on my bike tied to a Dynojet POD. https://tinyurl.com/y8et458s

It can provide some great feedback. If it's installed with a Power Commander https://tinyurl.com/ybnf4h9h as well, you can make fuel adjustments in real time or based on data logs.

But you can see that the dinero's can really start getting shelled out.

Unfortunately, the factory ECU cannot use feedback from a wideband sensor.

I have a wideband sensor on my bike tied to a Dynojet POD. https://tinyurl.com/y8et458s

It can provide some great feedback. If it's installed with a Power Commander https://tinyurl.com/ybnf4h9h as well, you can make fuel adjustments in real time or based on data logs.

But you can see that the dinero's can really start getting shelled out.
So the stock ecu even when flashed i guess has not code to recognize anything outside of the stock CO scope. Gotcha. I hate piggy backing so not sure if i’ll go that route. Plus the money as you said.

When I called Tim originally when I was thinking of getting the reflash....this is what he told me. 80% of everyone that gets the reflash is 100% happy with it... as is. The other 20%.....need/want the power commander to get the fuel dialed in perfectly.

So the stock ecu even when flashed i guess has not code to recognize anything outside of the stock CO scope. Gotcha. I hate piggy backing so not sure if i’ll go that route. Plus the money as you said.

It is my understanding the stock O2 sensor is a narrow band sensor.... and the aftermarket sensors are wideband.

New here to the forum. Had many bikes and did have first year (1985) Max. I have a 14 Yamaha Raider S now,View attachment 72172 just bought a stock 16 VMax with 5500 miles. Made the deal but haven't had the bike shipped yet. Had my Raider ECU flashed and what a difference, looking to flash the Max by Tim Nash. At this point not looking do a lot of mods just want to get the rev-limiter and top end limiter knocked out. Of course I said the same about the Raider with mods and that didn't stick.:D

Attachments

• 20200408_125600.jpg
    20200408_125600.jpg
    224.9 KB · Views: 29
Welcome and congrats on the VMax..... its lots of fun!

The flash makes it even funner! :D

Nice looking Raider BTW.

New here to the forum. Had many bikes and did have first year (1985) Max. I have a 14 Yamaha Raider S now,View attachment 72172 just bought a stock 16 VMax with 5500 miles. Made the deal but haven't had the bike shipped yet. Had my Raider ECU flashed and what a difference, looking to flash the Max by Tim Nash. At this point not looking do a lot of mods just want to get the rev-limiter and top end limiter knocked out. Of course I said the same about the Raider with mods and that didn't stick.:D
That is a clean bad azz raider!! I almost bought a new one 2 years ago but I fell off the roof and was hurt so I had to put that plan aside. I like the Raider for the fact that it sits real low and is not nearly as complicated to work on and repair as the VMAX is. Who did the Raider Flash and did they do it for the pipes you now have on? I may still buy a Raider.

That is a clean bad azz raider!! I almost bought a new one 2 years ago but I fell off the roof and was hurt so I had to put that plan aside. I like the Raider for the fact that it sits real low and is not nearly as complicated to work on and repair as the VMAX is. Who did the Raider Flash and did they do it for the pipes you now have on? I may still buy a Raider.
Thanks man I like it a lot too! Ivan from www.ivansperformanceproducts.com flashed my ECU for the V&H 2in2, open lid air box with K&N and at the time I had a PCV. He did a second reflash which enable me to do away with the PCV all together. Strong running bike with tons of torque, nothing compared to the Max.

Thanks man I like it a lot too! Ivan from www.ivansperformanceproducts.com flashed my ECU for the V&H 2in2, open lid air box with K&N and at the time I had a PCV. He did a second reflash which enable me to do away with the PCV all together. Strong running bike with tons of torque, nothing compared to the Max.

Cool, Yes I heard good things on IVAN..I agree the Gen2 is a wild beast!!! Bot that Raider S is so damn good looking!! Especially when owners don't garbage them all up!!

Latest posts

Back