Gurue ECU?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I'll pay the $550 so I don't have to $850 and have it done it twice. I really want it Dyno tuned specifically for my setup, but without taking it to Tim, I don't think anybody else is gonna spend the time, plus they might not be able to get into every part of the ECU like Tim has. It's just such a rare bike, that nobody really understands it like we do. The twitchy throttle is annoying, but I'm used to it. It's the bigger bumps that I hate. Especially when your cruising, enjoying yourself, and Bam a big bump upsets the bike, you flutter the throttle, and messes with your zen, lol. And speedo I hate, I have to run 60 to do 55 I just run 70 on the speedo in 55s lol. But mostly I run with traffic, I won't gain on the car in front, but I won't fall behind either lol. They make a speedo healer, but you gotta splice into the harness, it's only one wire, but still. I need the gurued ECU, so I can get that stupid ais turned off to stop it from popping out the exhaust Everytime I slow down, plus all the other goodies that are thrown in to the flash lol.

If I disable the ais, do I need the plug kit? Also I have the exup cables tied up, can I remove those after the flash? I remember reading something about the plug in for the servo. About having to use a bypass plug so it doesn't kick a trouble code or something like that, it just fools the ECU into thinking that it's still hooked up and working.

If you request it the AIS will be disabled and turned off.

The EXUP is disabled on all the tunes I beleive so no dummy plug is needed.

Thanks Mark!! Pulling it out tomorrow, and sending it out Monday. Placing my order tomorrow also, online.

Got my ECU boxed up, with a release signed, and a paper with bike info, my info, and pay pal transaction number. $26 for $800 insurance so I get a free ECU if it gets lost. Shipping it out tomorrow. Hopefully someone is around, it requires a signature to be delivered. Now I just hurry up and wait lol.
Edit: he received it, and updated my status it's on the queue list so it won't be much longer.

Last edited:
ECU is flashed, passed the tests, and is on its way back, should be here Saturday but it's gonna be raining. Sunday is supposed to be cooler, but I'll get it in and see how it performs. Stoked!!!! Is it Saturday yet?? Lol.

So what am I looking at as far as HP/TQ numbers at the rear now with just the flash? +10? I know some gained allot 195-197 at the rear. But I don't know what setup they have.

So what am I looking at as far as HP/TQ numbers at the rear now with just the flash? +10? I know some gained allot 195-197 at the rear. But I don't know what setup they have.
I should have that info for you in a couple of weeks. About a year and a half ago, I dynod the 2011 when I got it and it was stock....100% stock. Hp was 170 and 108 lbs TQ. After the reflash (and TT airbox mod, and 4-1 exhaust, 176 hp and 114 TQ. A/F almost all the way thru the run was 12.3-12.5.....rich. Last week I changed the plugs. MAJOR difference with the new plugs. When I get back home, I plan on dynoing again, and see the difference.

When you speak with Tim, he will tell you that the reflash is set up a bit rich.....because he doesnt know where you will ride, and being on the rich side is considered safe (thats why he says to get the most HP out of it you need a PCV to fine tune it. Max HP should be with an A/F of 13.2 to 13.6) Now that being said, I also have an autotune as well, and in the upper RPM range, its automatically set for an A/F of 13.2. But, the standard rule......you should be 180 to 190hp with no additional tuning and just the reflash.

Hope this helps.

I should have that info for you in a couple of weeks. About a year and a half ago, I dynod the 2011 when I got it and it was stock....100% stock. Hp was 170 and 108 lbs TQ. After the reflash (and TT airbox mod, and 4-1 exhaust, 176 hp and 114 TQ. A/F almost all the way thru the run was 12.3-12.5.....rich. Last week I changed the plugs. MAJOR difference with the new plugs. When I get back home, I plan on dynoing again, and see the difference.

When you speak with Tim, he will tell you that the reflash is set up a bit rich.....because he doesnt know where you will ride, and being on the rich side is considered safe (thats why he says to get the most HP out of it you need a PCV to fine tune it. Max HP should be with an A/F of 13.2 to 13.6) Now that being said, I also have an autotune as well, and in the upper RPM range, its automatically set for an A/F of 13.2. But, the standard rule......you should be 180 to 190hp with no additional tuning and just the reflash.

Hope this helps.

Cool, it's about what I was expecting. Thanks!!!

Finally received it!! cold rainy day so I'll put it in tomorrow, and see how it runs.

Attachments

• IMG_20200118_171326093.jpg
    IMG_20200118_171326093.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 21
According to the butt Dyno, lol it's a night and day difference. When it would barley do a rolling burnout in 1st gear, to pegging the Rev limiter in 2nd gear doing a rolling burnout....I could prolly grab 3rd......... Idle is smoother, idle is different in a good way. AIS being closed no more popping on de-cel, the engine braking being tamed down is nice, no more "bracing for it". Got 50 miles in, what a ride. Money well spent, glad I did some research, and digging, and thanks to everyone who put their 2 cents in. Now I'll save for a PC-V and a Dyno run to tune it in......... Might as well get all I can. Feel free to post your HP numbers so I know what I can expect from mine. My setup: voodoo 4 to 2 with de-cat, and modified air box with K&N, gurued ECU.

Last edited:
Got Rick's retainer, and extra spring on the way, clutch doesn't like the extra power. 4,500 miles on it, and it's slipping bahahahahaha.

I installed the G2 throttle tamer, which helped with the twitchy throttle....

G2 Ergonomics
I installed one of these throttle tamers works real nice high quality aluminium throttle with delrin bushings you can buy extra cams also for stock or faster throttle. I have the nash reflash with this throttle tamer cam number Y400 works great for take offs plus my bike hooks up take offs with minimum wheel spin no throttle surges nice also when driving slow through parking lots and take offs. Real easy to change out cams for what style of riding you want to do.

The G2 Ergonomics links shows there are no products for the 2nd Gen VMAX.

Might be an old link but if you search on there site you can find your bike on there and find your products.
They have several different cams to choose from very easy to change the cams also

Just over a year on the flash. In deed 3rd gear burnouts are possible lol. Spinning the rear tire at 120+ makes for a very squirrelly bike, let off the throttle and speedo was reading 92ish mph lol. Gonna go get a baseline Dyno run done. 3 pulls for $150. Then I'm gonna invest in a PC-V and get it dialed in. I might do 6 pulls. 3 in 4th gear, 3 in 5th gear. It's a mustang Dyno unit. Anybody have experience with those?
I took them my truck, and watched it all go down. Very interesting being my first time at a dyno. Had my 05 ram 2500 tuned. 5.7 with a cam swap, shorty headers, 85mm T body, nothing impressive. 280/296.

Just over a year on the flash. In deed 3rd gear burnouts are possible lol. Spinning the rear tire at 120+ makes for a very squirrelly bike, let off the throttle and speedo was reading 92ish mph lol. Gonna go get a baseline Dyno run done. 3 pulls for $150. Then I'm gonna invest in a PC-V and get it dialed in. I might do 6 pulls. 3 in 4th gear, 3 in 5th gear. It's a mustang Dyno unit. Anybody have experience with those?
I took them my truck, and watched it all go down. Very interesting being my first time at a dyno. Had my 05 ram 2500 tuned. 5.7 with a cam swap, shorty headers, 85mm T body, nothing impressive. 280/296.

See if you can work out a deal....like 200 of 250 for an hour. That way you have time to make changes and see where you want to go. Last time with the Gen 2, I used an autotune. Had it set with the A/F numbers that I wanted. Ran it 5 times, and looked at the data, and made the adjustments. Did 5 more runs, and looked at the data and made adjustments. And the 5 more runs. Each time you accept the trims (recommendations) from the autotune, it will get you closer to what you want.

Back