Gurued Gear

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First it does away with the HEAVY stock engine braking. Also does away with the speed limiter.....IE 138 mph. Balances all of the injectors. I believe its the left front thats a little bit lean (compared to the others), and the left rear thats a little bit rich. It also does away with the throttle body limitations set by the factory. In essence, does away with the factory limitations.

Has anyone done the top speed? What is it? Has anyone dynoed it after various modifications? I've been 150mph previously on a different bike, and its hard to find places straight enough to do it where I live.

On the dyno, it will read a theoretical top speed of 175 (at 10K). In real life Ive heard of people being clocked at 168 to 169.

Ive dynod mine a couple of times. What do you want to know?

168 is crazy. I had thought my bike was stock so I had brought it to 135 but thought it had a limiter. Interested if the install lowered the 1/4 mile time and HP and torque specs at different levels of mods. Everything seems stock on mine. I didn't ride one without the Gurued Gear ECU so don't have anything to compare it to.

When the 2011 was stock, i dynod it , and it was 170 hp and 108 lbs of tq. With the reflash and exhaust, I went to 178 and I think 113 TQ. Since then tuned it to 187 and 119 TQ. I do have the Triple threat airbox mod....and have since learned, that the filter on the right might be hanging up the velocity stacks as they try and move up and down. I ground a mm or so of the front right velocity stack lip, and I'm curious to see what it will do now.

as fast as I've had my '17 was 168 indicated, as these are not aerodynamic bikes the wind really wanted me off the bike!

I hated the stock engine braking.
Got the flash with my voodoo exhaust and it feels so much better.
Have had it to 170 indicated and it didn't take as long as I thought it would.

DOES ANYONE KNOW A GOOD REPUTABLE SHOP HERE IN CALIFORNIA THAT CAN SUP UP MY VMAX..SPEEDS DONT SCARE ME I HAD MY BUSA AT 204 MPH..SO THE VMAX IS NOTHING SCARY TO ME..I HAVE THE 2020 MAX..

Got it thank you sir for your info..for some reasons cruisers are a lil different when trying to up grade their performance..👍👍

Yup. Mod air box, delete the cat (don't forget to plug after delete), install exaust, double the clutch spring, switch to 4t racing synthetic oil and choose the correct gurued flash. VROOOM!!!!

Was trying to find a descent road to at least get mine passed 150. I was kinda doubting if I would be able to see the high 160's around here. Found one today that wasn't really what I was looking for but after riding down it turned around and kicked on it. After seeing the tach working up past 8k in high gear looked down and I was in the 160's. Still had a little more road b4 backing out, just before cracking the throttle indicator had tripped to 172 mph. I think I was a bit past 9k on the tach. I run an Avon 200/55R18 which is a little taller tire therefore I am sure it is not totally accurate but closer the than the stock 200/50R18. After buying this bike stock in August I have done the simple MAB, removing the restrictor air inlet plate and putting a K&N in, deleting the cat with Akrapovic mid pipe but leaving the stock exhaust on, DD to the clutch and Tim flashed my ECU.

I am sure 172 wasn't totally accurate but it was still pulling so I am not sure what real numbers might be. I was just happy to see those numbers at the end of the day.😁

Back