H.A.C back rest.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2fear

Reaction score
I sold my factory back rest on eBay and just ordered the H.A.C removeable back rest. I read all the post and it sounded like what I wanted, so I took the $300 plunge today. Next up, is a shift light.

Let me know what you think, I have been considering getting one also.

would someone that has this back rest please measure from the top of the passenger seat to the top of the backrest for me? i want to see if it's shorter than my factory back rest. thanx...

would someone that has this back rest please measure from the top of the passenger seat to the top of the backrest for me? i want to see if it's shorter than my factory back rest. thanx...
It is 10 1/4 inches ... The over all look is much narrower because of the grab bar vs the wide factory seat frame.

It is 10 1/4 inches ... The over all look is much narrower because of the grab bar vs the wide factory seat frame.

Thanks...
anyway you can post some pics of it for me? one
with the grab bar and one with backrest installed please.
i would appreciate it

I got my H.A.C back rest installed and it looks pretty good for a part time back rest. You do have to modify it to make it a "true" quick detach back rest. I took other members ideas and added my own twist. I had a maintenance guy at work tack weld the nuts to the mounting bracket so I don't have to remove the back seat every time I put it on. I also modified the stock reflector to fit with or without the back rest for a clean look, without removing the back seat. Keep in mind that Velcro is a wonderful thing and strong as heck. I cut off the threaded studs from the back of reflector with a Dremel and a small cutting wheel, and I used an old license plate and cut it up with tin snips for shimming. Obviously you have options for this, I just had an old plate laying around, you get the concept lol. It takes 4 bolts and less then 5 minutes to install now. :punk:

Attachments

• HAC backrest install 019.jpg
    HAC backrest install 019.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 39
  • HAC backrest install 022.jpg
    HAC backrest install 022.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 40
  • HAC backrest install 003.jpg
    HAC backrest install 003.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 39
  • HAC backrest install 004.jpg
    HAC backrest install 004.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 38
  • HAC backrest install 006.jpg
    HAC backrest install 006.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 42
  • HAC backrest install 001.jpg
    HAC backrest install 001.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 40
  • HAC backrest install 033.jpg
    HAC backrest install 033.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 37

Are you thinking of selling your factory backrest? if so do you have any pic's?

Are you thinking of selling your factory backrest? if so do you have any pic's?

I am thinking of selling my factory backrest for the hac.
i had it powder coated black and it also has the luggage rack too.

I havent made my decision yet, but i'm leaning towards selling it.
i think there are a few pics in my album.

Thanks, what tire size are you running on your rear in those pic's, did you have to do any mods?

I wasn't socializing and talking about sandwiches I was asking a question related to the pic's he directed me to.. I suppose I could have PM'd him...and maybe I should have.. BTW if it wasn't a big deal you wouldn't have made a public comment about it. so left not try and fool anyone.

Back