H.A.C. sissybar and new rear reflector

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunrunner

Reaction score
As most of you know the h.a.c. sissybar looks unfinshed with the reflector they give you - it looks like shit .
So i went about solving that problem making something i think is much better , it fits to the h.a.c bracket at the back so i only have to take out two screws and it comes off quick if i want to take off the sissybar and have done the stock rear reflector mod (seen on a previous thread) so it fits over the h.a.c bracket so its an quick and easy on - off of about 4 minutes .
Wasnt sure wether to paint it the stock silvery grey but went for black to match the max .:punk:

Attachments

• my max march09 004.jpg
    my max march09 004.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 63
  • my max march09 006.jpg
    my max march09 006.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 81
looks good! where do you all get those windscreens? ive been looking for one like that for a while now!

looks good! where do you all get those windscreens? ive been looking for one like that for a while now!

It came with the big , i have only just put it back on as i didnt really like the look of it on Max but i reckon it suits it with the sissybar on .
I did google sissybar bags last night and came up with a website that did have them tho you can try this or ebay:punk:

I have the hac sissy bar too and im going to have to flip the bolts around so that the nuts are showing from the rear to clear the new seat. I need to do something like this to hide that if possible. Whats the link to your other thread?

As most of you know the h.a.c. sissybar looks unfinshed with the reflector they give you - it looks like shit .
So i went about solving that problem making something i think is much better , it fits to the h.a.c bracket at the back so i only have to take out two screws and it comes off quick if i want to take off the sissybar and have done the stock rear reflector mod (seen on a previous thread) so it fits over the h.a.c bracket so its an quick and easy on - off of about 4 minutes .
Wasnt sure wether to paint it the stock silvery grey but went for black to match the max .:punk:

Sorry but I can't really see the reflector very well. Can you post some close-ups?

I rarely put the H.A.C on because it's so ugly but it would be nice to do this mod for when I do install it.

Sorry but I can't really see the reflector very well. Can you post some close-ups?

I rarely put the H.A.C on because it's so ugly but it would be nice to do this mod for when I do install it.

Maybe i should of painted it grey . Here are some pic without and with the reflector :punk:

Attachments

• vmax 09 030.jpg
    vmax 09 030.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 35
  • my max march09.jpg
    my max march09.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 34
I have the hac sissy bar too and im going to have to flip the bolts around so that the nuts are showing from the rear to clear the new seat. I need to do something like this to hide that if possible. Whats the link to your other thread?

Now this other thread wasnt by me , im not sure on how you do links etc .
I think it was intitled h.a.c. sissybar and the stock reflector .
What you are doing is taking the stock reflector to pieces taking the reflector off , drilling a hole in the middle of it with once the reflector is back on bolts to the h.a.c bracket , you also have to grind or file down the stock reflectorv to take off the tabs as this is now not needed .
End result you can take the sissybar off and re use the stock reflector as it 90% hides the h.a.c bracket , there is pics with this thread .:clapping::clapping:

Is it me, the camera angle, or is it kinda looking down a little bit? (the reflector)

Must be the camera angle , Max was in the shed . I took a pic but it was a bit dark in there so all i got was the flash and you couldnt see shit hence the angle.
I have done my arm in so unable to move her at the moment .

Gunrunner is correct about the title of the thread. Go to your search and type in the word reflector, you will find it there. the thread was started by Dezeez. Hope this helps. Mike

Is it me, the camera angle, or is it kinda looking down a little bit? (the reflector)

Sorry bout that have just reread what you wrote , i get it now .
It actually followed the line on the grab bar as i tried it straight up and down and it looked like shit . I also covered in the gap at the top of the reflector aswell .

Latest posts

Back