had a race tonight

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ripinanroarin

Reaction score
I sure wished my boost was working tonight. I pulled up beside a kawasaki nija 900 zxr9. Young fellow ..early 20"s I was in 1st gear and burped the throttle. He instantly changed his seating position, and I knew we were ON :biglaugh: I hit it first and took it up to 8000rpm ,hit 2nd 8000,hit 3rd...and about half way through he rolled by me. Thats ok...I was ready to slow down. We pulled over and talked for a bit. He asked what kind of motor I put in "huh?" its stock..with no boost. I told him...he shook his head.He was totaly unaware of the vmax's history and power. I thought every body knew about the Max.!! He wants to race again after I put in the new boost module...he doesnt believe that it will make that much difference ,..LOL Boy is he in for a rude awakening lol. I also told him that I wasnt interested in going WARP speeds,..1/4 mile is fast enough for this old fart. Any way,.. We left his friend in the dust while we were racing,..he was on a blue 600 honda crotch rocket. That was sure fun!!
Later in the evening I pulled up beside a harley xr 1200 sportster,..I bliped the thottle..he roared his motor,..then he took a closer look at my bike, laughed and shook his head....crap! he knew what a vmax could do.
On the way home I raced a pontiac sunfire.. he had racing stripes and a whale tail on it with a big crome muffer that sounded like "the jolly green giant taking a dump" Thats enough,,,I'm going to bed....later.

Sounds like a good night for sure, now you need to show off your confirmed kills...Like this. These are my first two, now they each count for ten, other wise I'd run out of scoop.:biglaugh:

Attachments

• Picture 026.jpg
    Picture 026.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 67
i have never, once pulled up to a stop sign and anyone has had any interest in racing me (someone I don't know). maybe i live in a too populated area.

once a suburban raced me on my yzf600, but that don't count.

sounds like your night started out great and went to the dumps lol I remember the many nights lookin for anyone that wanted to take a shot at my ride. Those was the days :)

Stop light to stop light not much that is street legal can beat a Vmax :biglaugh: I like to eat sports bikes for breakfast :punk: One of the best races I ever had was with my 67 Malibu against a much more expensive Dodge viper. Needless to say the viper lost bad that guy was pissed we talked afterward at the local car wash / show your ride. He wanted to know how much I had into "this car" I told him less than 10,000 including the car the look on his face was priceless his 80,000 car just got beat by and old muscle car poor guy:ummm:
the car would run low tens without "nos gas "
I am want to try a turbo charged Vmax see want it cant do:eusa_dance:

I can help you with the math on your future race.

A VERY well tuned Vmax with header and jet kit will make in the mid 120's on average for HP. Then the bike will weight in right at about 600lbs give or take. Our 2002 ZX9r made 133 rear wheel hp and weighs in at barely over 400lbs.

For your Vmax to have the same power to weight ratio you need to make around 180 rwhp.

As you found out you can get the jump on him since our power comes on earlier but once he gets the bike revved up a bit you aren't going to beat him very long. In fact, pretty much anything 600cc or larger made this century is going to whoop up on you. The power to weight ratio is so much better.

Sean

Sounds like a good night for sure, now you need to show off your confirmed kills...Like this. These are my first two, now they each count for ten, other wise I'd run out of scoop.:biglaugh:

How come your scoops are so shiny? Are they chrome or polished,,mine dont look like that. KILL STICKER...neat.

I can help you with the math on your future race.

A VERY well tuned Vmax with header and jet kit will make in the mid 120's on average for HP. Then the bike will weight in right at about 600lbs give or take. Our 2002 ZX9r made 133 rear wheel hp and weighs in at barely over 400lbs.

For your Vmax to have the same power to weight ratio you need to make around 180 rwhp.

As you found out you can get the jump on him since our power comes on earlier but once he gets the bike revved up a bit you aren't going to beat him very long. In fact, pretty much anything 600cc or larger made this century is going to whoop up on you. The power to weight ratio is so much better.

Sean

Thats pretty much what happend. He said he had it to the track and ran 11.5in the 1/4. So, what would a stock 1985 run in the 1/4 ?? I'm guessing 12.5 my sporty ran 12.9

Thats pretty much what happend. He said he had it to the track and ran 11.5in the 1/4. So, what would a stock 1985 run in the 1/4 ?? I'm guessing 12.5 my sporty ran 12.9

Average riders will run anywhere from low 11's to mid 12's. Most are in the mid to high 11's. The 11.5 was with an inexperienced rider. I would bet I can easily run a high 10 with ours (I've been a 10.98 with stock engine and header/jet kit making 127rwhp so the ZX9R should easily best that). I ran a 10.40 with my 88 FZR1000 making 133 rwhp and it weighs about what the ZX9R does but I had an air shifter on it.

Sean

Jolly Green giant taking a dump.......:rofl_200:

I've always heard and called them fart cans, since the note is distinctly flatulent. Typically it refers to the car's performance, a pile of crap.

Except for one time. Me and a couple friends were out on the thruway, I was still on my V30 Magna at the time. One friend had an 1100 Shadow, and two others both with R6's. We were in the fast lane doing 85-90, and a Mistubushi....something pulls right up on our ass. I could hear the fart can already. Before we could slide over, the Mitsu pulls into the middle lane and pulls up next to us and revs his motor. At 90, the V30 was at the upper end of it's "comfortable" speed, so I whacked it WOT and waited. The two guys on the R6's dumped it, so did my friend on the 1100. The Mitsu absolutely walked away from all of them with no issue at all. Wasn't even close. When I caught up and we stopped later, I heard that the R6 was tapped out at about 140 and the Mitsu was still pulling away.:surprise: I mean when that guy punched it at 90, that car rocketed away like it was off the line. The R6, even dropping to 4th, didn't have a chance. Must have had a turbo and/or NOS

There is an EVO thats running around up here that will embarass a few motorcycles on the street. he's pushing about 550hp with his turbo motor.

Its a sweet looking, nothing to flashy ride. but, when he pops the hood it looks like somthing from a sci-fi movie.

My Camaro does the same thing. Not sure what the top speed is. Only run it up to 160mph and shut down since I could see daylight all the way across the header bow (it's a convertible). Of course the supercharged 383 helps power a bit.

Sean

I don't know about everyone else, but I don't get too froggy on racing, at least in town, cuz a dragracing charge in Illinois is actually worse than drunk driving. I do it here and there when someone is jacking around, but I make sure the coast is clear.

I don't know about everyone else, but I don't get too froggy on racing, at least in town, cuz a dragracing charge in Illinois is actually worse than drunk driving. I do it here and there when someone is jacking around, but I make sure the coast is clear.

Agreed. Best to take it to the track. Too many people have been hurt and / or killed street racing.

BTW, referring back earlier in this thread, I agree that "average" riders turn mid 11's. I'm inexperienced at drag racing but I've turned several 11.5's at 115 to 117 MPH on my bone stock '85.

Back