Half eaten corn dog...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Horrendous

Reaction score
So I merged from the 201 to I-15 southbound today and was leaned over hard in the turn passing a beat up old Honda civic on the right. First off I had no business passing on the right or going the speed I was but as I passed this civic. The woman in the passenger seat with her feet up on the dash tossed a half eaten corn dog out the window hitting my max dead on. I was very disappointed in her decision.

Also there was a very large mechanics tool box on I-15 the other night at around 2am. Wrenches/ screw drivers all over the freeway. Lucky I didn't hit anything .

Any of you encounter road debris/ flying junk lately?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

So I merged from the 201 to I-15 southbound today and was leaned over hard in the turn passing a beat up old Honda civic on the right. First off I had no business passing on the right or going the speed I was but as I passed this civic. The woman in the passenger seat with her feet up on the dash tossed a half eaten corn dog out the window hitting my max dead on. I was very disappointed in her decision.

Also there was a very large mechanics tool box on I-15 the other night at around 2am. Wrenches/ screw drivers all over the freeway. Lucky I didn't hit anything .

What I want to know is: did you stop and pick up some free tools?

tossed a half eaten corn dog out the window hitting my max dead on. I was very disappointed in her decision.

:rofl_200: That's about the best way I've heard road rage described ever.

Usual boring hubcaps and junk for me lately. A few years ago I was following a box truck on an off ramp too closely and got a surprise air-born Christmas tree that sucked up and flipped out from underneath it. I wasn't in much of a holiday spirit that year. A well timed swerve is all that stopped it from hitting me in the chest and face at 40+ mph.

I've not followed that closely to something I can't see through ever since!

I already shared my adventure running over a big Armadillo, at night, in the rain at highway speed, around a big sweeper curve on my Magna 750F. Stood up on my pegs and stayed rock solid, no wobble, no time to get scared. Couldn't be happier with the bike. Of course I've been tagged by countless insects, one even tasted like banana but I do not suggest it to others. Now that I am in FLA, I wear a full face almost all the time.

I came across a piece of chrome metal in the middle of the street in DT Johnstown during thunder in the valley. Turned out to be a shift lever off a HD. 1/4 mile up the road I see a guy pulled off to the side looking down at his left footpeg wondering WTF happened to his shifter. I pointed down the street to let him know I saw it.

What I want to know is did you stop and enjoy some free corn dog?:rofl_200:

As-to 'road-treasure:'
I sometimes stop and grab something, probably my best 'snag' was an Echo CS-300 chain saw in operating condition, I had to replace the chain. Still have it. I also have a Werner fiberglas 8' A-frame ladder, another fiberglas ladder also 8' that I had to do some 'glas repair on, but I already had the mat & resin, so no-real cost. Numerous hammers, screwdrivers, and the most-expensive one, a 1/4" allen-key that found a home perforating my 1 week-old Dunlop rear tire on my KZ1000 back in the 1980's. I came-out of the bank, and my tire was flat, I couldn't believe it. Then I saw why. I still have the allen-key. One time when I was free-diving off Hollywood Beach FL looking for dinner, I found an entire toolbox; Craftsman wrenches, a Skil 3/8" drill, a wet hone stone, big-dia. hole saws, screwdrivers, a Craftsman drill set, etc. Since I was carrying a lobster bag, I just loaded it all-in and swam back to shore. It hadn't been in the water all-that-long, as the aluminum castings on the drill weren't yet corroded. I disassembled it, eliminated the switch, and rinsed it out, and shot everything w/WD-40, & re-assembled it, and plugged it in. It arced like crazy, lotsa ozone in the air, but it worked. Since it was the current model, I got another, free, "this one stopped working!." Not really 'on the road,' but an interesting story.

I've found a few wallets, one w/probation papers in it, never any w/$$, several cellphones, and that's all I can think-of.

I was on 96 in League City TX on my wing about 11 at night & hit a 4 X 4 at about 75-80 made me about shit on myself but the old 1500 wing made a pretty nice jump was a little squirrly on the landing but I rode it out. I had to pee soon after.LOL

Watched a small tool box slide out the back of an open pickup on my way to work one morning, I was in my truck, he was turning left onto the enterance for the x-way, never knew it happened, I picked it up and brought it home, placed a found ad in the press and got a call a few days later, he described it perfectly and knew about where he might have dropped it, he got it back.............Tom.

Tom, you're a good man!

Right-now, I am off from riding for a few days. My wife is s sucker for lost dogs. She has an iPhone app which alerts her when a dog is missing. This Sunday, before Labor Day, I was coming from her father's home in Miami, he's in his 90's & is becoming more-frail. I was in another vehicle ahead of them, when I saw a little white dog in the middle of 5 lanes of traffic, cars whizzing by. I stopped because I knew when my wife came-along, she would, and I didn't want her going into the road after the dog and maybe getting hit. So, I chased the dog to the side of the road. Sure-enough, here comes my wife, she stops, and opens her door to get out, and the dog runs over and jumps onto her lap!

Now, if this dog was rabid or vicious, he could literally kill my father-in-law, so I ran over to my wife (w/my truck) & told her I was gonna remove the dog. I tried to grab his substantial leather collar, being careful to come-up his back from behind him, and I got-ahold of his collar.

Damned if that little mutt didn't have a neck like a swan, he whipped-around and sank his teeth into my right hand and wouldn't let go! I yanked him out of my wife's car, still embedded onto my hand like a family of ticks at a nudist colony! I was streaming blood down my hand and forearm, and slammed him onto my bedcover, and twisted the collar to choke him-off. He finally let-go, and was wailing like a bum who lost a winning lottery ticket and broke his quart of cheap whisky.

I secured him in my truck & took him home, but I had to wait to leave until I clotted. When I got home, damned if he didn't do the same thing to my other hand! And this time I thought I was ready for him, just like Butch and The Kid in Bolivia. Nope! I stuck him in the garage bathroom.

We found an ad on CL where someone two blocks from where we were when we found the dog, lost their furry, lovable, gentle (doesn't bite) dog, w/pictures of the Puncture Monster Who Preys on Unsuspecting Good Samaritans. Stupid people didn't even include a phone # so we had to email back & forth to finally be-able to speak to them, we used call-blocking. My wife asked, "we think we found your dog, does he have his rabies shot?" They accurately i.d.'ed the mutt, and of-course, no-000, the mutt doesn't have any rabies shot!

By now my hand is swollen pretty-good, throbbing, aching, and when I look into the mirror my canines look to be more prominent, I'm starting to salivate quite a bit nore, and suddenly I am interested in sniffing butts-mine, my wife's, anyone's...

Yeah, I went to an urgent care center, got my wounds Betadined, wrapped and examined by the cute female Jamaican MD, a University of Miami undergraduate (the urgent care center is across US-1 from the U-Miami campus), and am back home when we are doing the search for the owners. We took the Puncture Monster to a vet and found no microchip, and the vet said he couldn't vaccinate the dog after it bit someone, that the dog is required to go into quarintine for 10 days to see if it dies, if it does, they crack the skull and look for rabies signs, which means euthanasia. The vet said it's a $150 civil fine for no rabies vaccine; neutering/spaying, other shots, would cost a total of about $600 to get the dog back. The owners sure don't appear to have the $$, so my wife and I are sitting on this "lovable, does-not bite, friendly" dog for the next week to see if I have rabies treatment in my future.

As my fire-rescue shift captain says, no good deed goes unpunished.

P.S.: the dog is affectionate and not agressive and even is OK around the Bathroom of Incarceration, and shows no signs of becoming insane with rabies, but the next 5 days will thell the truth of that. Then we are going to give that mutt back to the people. If I was a sum-bitch, Animal Control would have come to get the Puncture Monster at my request, and since the people couldn't afford to pay the treatments and civil penalty, the dog would be gassed. After that they would cut off the head and examine for rabies.

And, when I went back to work at the college, during the a.m. commute, a student who didn't want to wait behind me for the traffic light, shot across the intersection, lost-control, and creamed my GMC's rear bumper!:bang head::bang head:

This summer I was in traffic in glens falls, in my truck. I guess I had noticed there was a landscaping trailer several cars up but didn't think anything more about it...they're not real uncommon especially in the higher-end area I was driving through.

Doing like 15-20mph. There was one of those big bloated buick crossovers in front of me. Clearly remember that, cars that ugly are hard to ignore. It suddenly swerved off to the shoulder and hit the brakes. Realize there's a weedeater lying in the middle of the lane. There's 2 lanes and the left lane was bumper to bumper like mine so I couldn't go left, and thanks to the dumbass stopping, he blocked me going to the right.

So I ran the fucker over. Snapped it into three clean pieces I saw in the rearview mirror. This had kind of scattered it a bit, and the car behind me was some sort of sedan that couldn't just drive over it, too low to the ground. They just stopped in the middle of the road. the buick was still blocking the shoulder so they had nowhere to go. Went like 1/4 mile or so and I guess whoever was driving the landscaping trailer noticed the big backup in the right lane and "something" in the road. They suddenly pulled over, as I passed them the driver got out and was running back down the shoulder towards his now decapitated weedeater.

I am petrified about following swine, horse or cattle trailers on the bike. 8-10 years ago i got pig shit on the front of my truck and down the passenger side... hot day of course. baked it on. took 45 mins to get to a town that had a carwash. i couldnt imagine that on a bike.

i stay a good half mile back and when i pass them im 200+ kph and almost riding the ditch on the far side of the road... Anyone whose rode with me can verify this.

peace,
evan...

My house sits on a sharp curve in the road, and usually I just get the garbage and trash that people throw out their windows as they go past. Assholes. A few times I have found money (their change) in the McDonalds bags that they throw out! But the real bonus is that when people leave their tools on the bumper or under the hood....the g-force of going around the curve automatically causes the tools to come dislodged and deposited at the end of my driveway! All i have to do is go out and collect em'!

Back