Halos installed in the scoops

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebeltaz83

Reaction score
Many thanks to Ksmax (Mike Kemp) for selling the kit, and it's plug and play. They work as driving lights, and also double as turn signals, you can have just the top flash, or just the bottom, or both. And I got a flasher to eliminate the hyper flash. Looks lean now tail tidy on back with integrated tail light, and halos up front.IMG_20200215_132035387.jpg Snapchat-1795187666.jpg Snapchat-590047507.jpg

The last pic. Looks dark but it was the camera on my phone adjusting for brightness of the halos, the garage light was still on lol.

80mm fit?

I believe I can make them fit, if they not fit at all. ;)
I already have some mods in mind... i.e. for my BMW, I made my own Brakelight Flasher.
The one which was on the market was around $100 (the BMW does not have separate wires for Running Light / Brakelight, it is PWM controlled, so I added some sort of Arduino to the Bike (in particular a small Arduino compatible chip, Attiny85).... at the end it took longer to develop and was not cheaper, but it was 'handcrafted' :D

80mm fit?

I believe I can make them fit, if they not fit at all. ;)
I already have some mods in mind... i.e. for my BMW, I made my own Brakelight Flasher.
The one which was on the market was around $100 (the BMW does not have separate wires for Running Light / Brakelight, it is PWM controlled, so I added some sort of Arduino to the Bike (in particular a small Arduino compatible chip, Attiny85).... at the end it took longer to develop and was not cheaper, but it was 'handcrafted' :D

80 mm do fit with a spacer behind them. Ksmax found this out. You can grind them down ( the hole is actually a few mm smaller) so he built spacers to go behind them, he said if you grind down the Halo to fit you grind off to much material and it opens up the electronics in the Halo to water and they don't last long. I bought the kit from him, it's all plug and play. Only thing you have to do is (cringe) drill an 11/64" hole in the mesh screen and the plastic baffle behind it x4 to run the wire for the Halo. Once installed the Halo sits over the hole so you never actually see it. If your interested I can pm you his email.

80 mm do fit with a spacer behind them. Ksmax found this out. You can grind them down ( the hole is actually a few mm smaller) so he built spacers to go behind them, he said if you grind down the Halo to fit you grind off to much material and it opens up the electronics in the Halo to water and they don't last long. I bought the kit from him, it's all plug and play. Only thing you have to do is (cringe) drill an 11/64" hole in the mesh screen and the plastic baffle behind it x4 to run the wire for the Halo. Once installed the Halo sits over the hole so you never actually see it. If your interested I can pm you his email.

Thanks. With most of the Angel Eyes, you can remove the outer plastic shell, so would be easy to grind then without exposing the electronics. Even if you grind to much, you can use clear silicon to seal it, As it is on the outerside, it should not be an issue at all and invisible.
When it comes to spacer, I have white Acrylic / Plexiglass here so I can lasercut my own Spacers. Doing this with Washers all the time already.
In worst case, I can 3D Print them if they need to be higher than the 1/4" I have in Plexiglass. But there are other options, combing some thinner Sheets etc.

I already ordered some Angeleyes from Amazon, 80mm. Let's see...

Wow! this is catnip to the modmonkey. Is the halo an L.E.D. or a plasma light?

I'd be lieing if I told you, lol. I'll check with ksmax and find out, I'll see if he can post up the details on here............. Something tells me he might hate me for this, he's gonna be busy making them lol.

If anyone has any interest in our plug an play kits, just hit me up via email, or go to Facebook page and look at the top post...it's pinned at the top. It is the one with the distressed blue wall in behind a VMAX with halos turned on. We've done over 100 kits worldwide and have sourced everything top quality, and have made the kit plug and play. Just shoot me an email at [email protected], and we'll get you set up. I have placed another order for plenty of stock to have kits ready to go.

Here's our Facebook page if you have Facebook... https://www.facebook.com/VMAXGen2Halos/posts/113284716734587?__tn__=K-R

I build several harnesses so they work worldwide, and remain plug and play. For instance, if you have UFO/Star Rider Performance Radiance radiator signals, we can install a splitter that incorporates an additional plug, just like the one on your VMAX that will allow for any plug and play signals that you want to add on with the halos. Simply route your wires, plug it in and go! Our kit even has the LED Flasher Relay available to slow the blink rate that the LED signals will cause because of the lighter load on the circuit that the LED causes, making the bike behave like you have a short (rapid flash).

I do all the work in our shop for you! All connections are soldered, NOT crimped. This will keep your connections solid for years to come. I have had my halos on my bike since late 2017 with no issues. We get the best we can find, so they don't come cheap, but you will forget the price after all the compliments and increased visibility and safety from being seen by that cager that's about to pull out in front of you.

We also have a white out kit that will get your entire front end 6000K white...also plug and play.

Tramahawk and Rebeltaz83 both have our kit.

Everything comes with instructions that are very detailed and illustrated. I stay with you via whatever method you choose (text, messenger, phone call, etc) until you have the kit installed and it is functioning properly. I ask most and get feedback on difficulty of installation. Most say 2-3 out of 10, so pretty easy if you follow my instructions!

Don't want to email, or don't have Facebook? Just call me at 785-814-0134. I'm ready to rock and roll. Let's get you lit up!

white out 1.jpg halo boxed up.jpg white out 2.jpg halo pile.jpg

Many thanks to Ksmax (Mike Kemp) for selling the kit, and it's plug and play. They work as driving lights, and also double as turn signals, you can have just the top flash, or just the bottom, or both. And I got a flasher to eliminate the hyper flash. Looks lean now tail tidy on back with integrated tail light, and halos up front.View attachment 70873 View attachment 70874 View attachment 70875
Great job, man! Looks awesome. I love building these kits.

If anyone else is interested, hit me up via email [email protected] or phone 785-814-0134 (text or call).

I'd like something like that foor the gen 1. Not much room in there though.
My son and I have been doing halo kits for a couple years now. I've sent over 100 kits worldwide. Plug and play! Just hit me up for more info at mikekemp2018@gmailcom. Or go to Facebook Mkemp Vmx, and friend me. I'll get you in the loop. We make this so easy for you to do, and our components are second to none!

Wow! this is catnip to the modmonkey. Is the halo an L.E.D. or a plasma light?
They are LED. The top halo is 75 LED's and the bottom is 65 LED's. They are butted side by side, so there is no dot to dot look. Intensely bright. If you have Facebook, take a look at this post. A customer installed his with a toggle switch, and uses them for driving lights. Look at the difference between just headlight, then with halos. I have seen deer coming out of the ditch with these lights. I haven't ever been flashed by oncoming traffic either.

https://www.facebook.com/AtootinDog/videos/o.113239106739148/10216413326860092/?type=2&theater

Latest posts

Back