Halos installed in the scoops

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
60 degrees her in SC, so here's the pic. Of the halos on a 2018 matte Raven black Vmax 1700 with the boulevard wind screen. Get you a napkin to wipe up the drool, I just walk around with a bib lol.

Attachments

• IMG_20200301_105806434.jpg
    IMG_20200301_105806434.jpg
    220.4 KB · Views: 113
How
Thanks. With most of the Angel Eyes, you can remove the outer plastic shell, so would be easy to grind then without exposing the electronics. Even if you grind to much, you can use clear silicon to seal it, As it is on the outerside, it should not be an issue at all and invisible.
When it comes to spacer, I have white Acrylic / Plexiglass here so I can lasercut my own Spacers. Doing this with Washers all the time already.
In worst case, I can 3D Print them if they need to be higher than the 1/4" I have in Plexiglass. But there are other options, combing some thinner Sheets etc.

I already ordered some Angeleyes from Amazon, 80mm. Let's see...
were those lights from Amazon anyway you can link me to them if they were successful thank you

Thanks. With most of the Angel Eyes, you can remove the outer plastic shell, so would be easy to grind then without exposing the electronics. Even if you grind to much, you can use clear silicon to seal it, As it is on the outerside, it should not be an issue at all and invisible.
When it comes to spacer, I have white Acrylic / Plexiglass here so I can lasercut my own Spacers. Doing this with Washers all the time already.
In worst case, I can 3D Print them if they need to be higher than the 1/4" I have in Plexiglass. But there are other options, combing some thinner Sheets etc.

I already ordered some Angeleyes from Amazon, 80mm. Let's see...
How did process go ?

Not current as I removed the additional head lights again, but the Angel Eyes are in.

1615041327197.png

I've gone back-and-forth with Mike a few times and he is still making the halo kits but he's had a hard time getting parts as they seem to be on perpetual backorder.

He did offer to help me cobble a set together on my own but I figured I would run into the same sourcing problems he has, so I'll wait.

Does anybody have any tips for a DIY build of this? I"d MUCH rather buy from Mike but he's not replied to any attempt to contact him, Might just be on vacation for a few weeks of course.

Does anybody have any tips for a DIY build of this? I"d MUCH rather buy from Mike but he's not replied to any attempt to contact him, Might just be on vacation for a few weeks of course.

You can find 75mm/80mm halos all day long from a web search. There's nothing to it if you have basic wiring skills. You have to drill a small hole in each airscoop screen for halo wires to pass through. I plan on running the ground wire to the top, rear bolt of each airscoop) & will use the blue wire on each front turn signal (running light) for power. The only thing I'd say will be the most difficult is figuring out how to space out the 80mm halo. The top hole is just slightly smaller than 80mm.

You can find 75mm/80mm halos all day long from a web search. There's nothing to it if you have basic wiring skills. You have to drill a small hole in each airscoop screen for halo wires to pass through. I plan on running the ground wire to the top, rear bolt of each airscoop) & will use the blue wire on each front turn signal (running light) for power. The only thing I'd say will be the most difficult is figuring out how to space out the 80mm halo. The top hole is just slightly smaller than 80mm.

Dremel and Silicone did the job with the 80mm for me... not visible from outside

They are mounted, so cannot take pics of WHAT I did, but I removed the LED from the Angel Eyes I bought on Amazon and used the dremel to remove some material from the outside of the ring, THen I sealed it with silicon (clear).

Back