Hand grips

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rollin thunder

Reaction score
Hey guys ,I was wondering how hard it is to change the hand grips on my max.I dont want to ruin the old ones getting them off and I am not sure what needs to be done to the throttle side .I think i heard you can spray the bar ends with wd 40 to help the grips slide on and when it dries they stays put.:ummm:

Correct. You can use an air blower to inflate the grips as well to help get them off.

Sean

Saw a vid on utube where they took the throttle side apart and disconnected two cable ends t get the right side off and it slid right out .

Went out to the garage to see if I could budge my grip ends and I put on rubber gloves with my strong wrists but, could not move them but ,it is 35degres out there so ,that doesnt help the situation.My grips arent rubber .They are rubber and chrome ribbed with chrome endcaps.Maybe warmer weather and, a rubber strap wrench might work.

If you have aftermarket grips (which it sounds like you do), then you may have had them glued into place. That is common with many of them (and especially Kuryakyn grips).

Sean

If you have aftermarket grips (which it sounds like you do), then you may have had them glued into place. That is common with many of them (and especially Kuryakyn grips).

Sean

Yup ,I think your right .I think I will leave them alone for a while their not so bad.

Do you mean compressed air Sean?.:ummm:

I believe he did indeed mean compressed air........but yeah i've found that the throttle side unbolts, uncables & slides off.......the clutch side is the one that needs WD40 and/or compressed air off...a cleaning.....and soapy water for reinstall..........

Latest posts

Back