Hand scribed numbers on block.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Added pics to the other thread as well. You can either believe me when I say they are hand engraved assembly markings or not.
Careful bud I'm new here and I didn't not believe you. But to me it was kinda a big deal to know if the bike I just bought had been opened. And I didn't know how to return to the original post. I will keep in my Lane here and just say that technology has not taken over me so I am kinda Slow.

So back to the bike, looks like you got a pretty clean machine there.
Are ya going to build it or resist the temptation and just ride and enjoy it as is?

So back to the bike, looks like you got a pretty clean machine there.
Are ya going to build it or resist the temptation and just ride and enjoy it as is?
Man I was going to build it I had had all the components picked out. There was a 3 week wait before the shop could get it in after a couple of weeks reality set in. It's been years sense I have attempted a hole shot other then red-light to red light. So I'm going to Run in a Real street class.

Real Street Class Must have kick stand license plate original ect, NO wheelie bars. Lol you see thats where I make up for less Hp. Moat people can't ride the clutch well enough to compensate.

Hey man just as you described I am learning and have seen(and didnt know it) what a practiced art a launch is, how it can make or break your time etc. With out a good start you leave time on the table LOL.
Good luck to ya and dont forget some pics and times, I think your machines gonna surprise you.

Man I was going to build it I had had all the components picked out. There was a 3 week wait before the shop could get it in after a couple of weeks reality set in. It's been years sense I have attempted a hole shot other then red-light to red light. So I'm going to Run in a Real street class.

Real Street Class Must have kick stand license plate original ect, NO wheelie bars. Lol you see thats where I make up for less Hp. Moat people can't ride the clutch well enough to compensate.
I have posted this on one other thread just because I'd like to hear from folks I'm not sure Speedo Bezel? Or Mirrors? And if Mirrors, over or under the Bar? I'm a Gear Head at heart and Kinda a Monkey Wrench when Riding... little Loose but I can Crank Down Tight....blahahahha

Attachments

• 20211226_205828.jpg
    20211226_205828.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 14
  • 20211226_204050.jpg
    20211226_204050.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 14
Hey man just as you described I am learning and have seen(and didnt know it) what a practiced art a launch is, how it can make or break your time etc. With out a good start you leave time on the table LOL.
Good luck to ya and dont forget some pics and times, I think your machines gonna surprise you.
Thanks..... I was patient down to the very last bike. Lol I purposely didn't bring the trailer with me and it was a 3 hour drive. I knew damn well my emotions would take over and would make mistakes checking her out Buy get home and say Damn why didn't I see that. So the next day got up and played the day before all over again.

Attachments

• 20211226_205652.jpg
    20211226_205652.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 10

It's exactly like shooting if you don't shoot daily or atleast weekly your not gonna hit those long shots. The bike is incredibly clean and seems in great working order. The clutch ohhh the clutch when I first seen the bike he took the Air Cover off and pointed to a Barnett Clutch sticker well those stickers are a dime a dozen but I rode it and sure enough I can tell the springs and plates. Thanks alot.

Last weekend I swapped the gear pattern around. My boy is 19 and he rides i told Slow Slow Slow for the next 100 miles he puts on it atleast. If your tight in 2nd or 3rd and shift your gonna be shook up for a bit and if your in any lean she will lock up and come around. By the way I hate the Dunlop 170

I'm not-sure I understand your nomenclature. I think I get the gist of it, but someone-else may-not.

I swapped the gear pattern around.
The only way I know this would be done is with a rearset footpeg/shifter swap, is that what you did?

if your in any lean she will lock up and come around
I suspect you're saying that if you're cornering aggressively, and you hit VBoost, you could break-loose the rear tire. To "lock-up" for me, is more-of a panic-breaking result, where the tire(s) stop rotating, and you're skidding. If you're cornering, you probably just went-off the bike, and you and it are now racing each-other across the pavement.

The Shinko line has some soft and sticky rear tires, wear on a sticky tire is not a strong-suit. What model Dunlop is disappointing?

Clyde is a River running right through Glasgow Scotland

There you are Mr Porter, this time last year I was driving my van on the Kingston Bridge, over the top of the River Clyde. North going South and going home from Inverness (home of Nessie). Second photo is in the middle of the River Clyde. Ignore the time stamp as I never use it. Also, I have all the videos from that time as I was in a near incident, with someone nearly ramming me up the back, but even compressed the videos are about 110Mb so too large to post on here.

1640723091713.png

1640723137754.png

I'm not-sure I understand your nomenclature. I think I get the gist of it, but someone-else may-not.

The only way I know this would be done is with a rearset footpeg/shifter swap, is that what you did?

I suspect you're saying that if you're cornering aggressively, and you hit VBoost, you could break-loose the rear tire. To "lock-up" for me, is more-of a panic-breaking result, where the tire(s) stop rotating, and you're skidding. If you're cornering, you probably just went-off the bike, and you and it are now racing each-other across the pavement.

The Shinko line has some soft and sticky rear tires, wear on a sticky tire is not a strong-suit. What model Dunlop is disappointing?
LMAO because Im trying to decipher his (Clydes) crazy jargon, then FM throws in with the visual of a guy and his bike racing each-other across the pavement in a slide!
We are definatly not a glum lot here on the Vmax forum LOL.

I have posted this on one other thread just because I'd like to hear from folks I'm not sure Speedo Bezel? Or Mirrors? And if Mirrors, over or under the Bar? I'm a Gear Head at heart and Kinda a Monkey Wrench when Riding... little Loose but I can Crank Down Tight....blahahahha
Are ya going a sort-of steampunk look? Aint seen a max done up that away yet!

It's off the Vmax subject but you won't ever find another one. Here's to Cool one off thing's
How-quick do you want that refuted? While I admire the effort which went into that reproduction, this is the real-deal. It's over 230 years-old, and was found and salvaged by a friend of mine, off the coast of Haiti. It dates to the time of the French Revolution: " Liberte', Egalite' Fraternite.'" Thanks to that paragon of the cause at the time, Robespierre, for that turn of a phrase.

I'll see-you those toy marbles, and raise you shot the size of a tennis ball. I've fired it before, and it will launch a projectile > 1 mile.

cannon.05.jpgcannon.01.jpgcannon.02.jpgcannon.03.jpgcannon.04.jpg

How-quick do you want that refuted? While I admire the effort which went into that reproduction, this is the real-deal. It's over 230 years-old, and was found and salvaged by a friend of mine, off the coast of Haiti. It dates to the time of the French Revolution: " Liberte', Egalite' Fraternite.'" Thanks to that paragon of the cause at the time, Robespierre, for that turn of a phrase.

I'll see-you those toy marbles, and raise you shot the size of a tennis ball. I've fired it before, and it will launch a projectile > 1 mile.

View attachment 81854View attachment 81855View attachment 81856View attachment 81857View attachment 81858
This guy lol

Screw loose 66% English, 25% Italian, 15% Scottish and followed Finnish. Shooting you an Email...
Aha, the general internet has it wrong my friend. 😂

Burke’s Peerage done a search and book on my name and got it right, you can buy the book. It started in Lyon (French male) and Spain (female). They went (or fled for better words way back about 150 years ago), and bought up land in Ireland and eventually started my name. That is why all my second name are related (even distantly) including the New York thrash metal band and the US golfer (Max) from many years ago. My name is a surgeons term, unfortunately i’m the poor engineers side, and became disowned by profession, and religion.

Don’t believe the general internet mate, my family have two different sides. I originate from a very different background, I see you have been looking, and thank you for showing interest. F_M being a researcher was very close once and deliberately picked out my only male cousin, who is my fathers sisters son.

My name is not Scottish and we have no coat of arms, but we have many unique first’s when fighting for the rights of the Scottish people. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 But we are UK and I accept that as I have many English friends and really don't want to meet them on a battleground now.

Thats my speech for the year 😂.

Anyway hope it all goes well for everyone this coming year.

Back