Hand scribed numbers on block.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aha, the general internet has it wrong my friend. 😂

Burke’s Peerage done a search and book on my name and got it right, you can buy the book. It started in Lyon (French male) and Spain (female). They went (or fled for better words way back about 150 years ago), and bought up land in Ireland and eventually started my name. That is why all my second name are related (even distantly) including the New York thrash metal band and the US golfer (Max) from many years ago. My name is a surgeons term, unfortunately i’m the poor engineers side, and became disowned by profession, and religion.

Don’t believe the general internet mate, my family have two different sides. I originate from a very different background, I see you have been looking, and thank you for showing interest. F_M being a researcher was very close once and deliberately picked out my only male cousin, who is my fathers sisters son.

My name is not Scottish and we have no coat of arms, but we have many unique first’s when fighting for the rights of the Scottish people. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 But we are UK and I accept that as I have many English friends and really don't want to meet them on a battleground now.

Thats my speech for the year 😂.

Anyway hope it all goes well for everyone this coming year.
Oops, gave you a run down on my own background. I’m half cut mate (its Friday and new years eve) and my wife says it could be yourself you are talking about.

Apologies if this is the case. Do not forget most people from Scotland do not originate from here, we are a molten pot of vikings, Scottish, Irish and everyone elee, but made it work.

How I enjoy the holidays: college football bowl games and an excellent IPA

Football bowls and IPA.jpg

Delicious marinaded-overnight filet in the KamadoJoe and lots of vegetables: acorn squash, broccoli, asparagus, and baked potatoes. Don't forget the drinks! At midnight, cidre and 12 grapes for the next 12 months. Happy new year to all. May 2022 be a good year for all.

How I enjoy the holidays: college football bowl games and an excellent IPA

View attachment 81897

Delicious marinaded-overnight filet in the KamadoJoe and lots of vegetables: acorn squash, broccoli, asparagus, and baked potatoes. Don't forget the drinks! At midnight, cidre and 12 grapes for the next 12 months. Happy new year to all. May 2022 be a good year for all.
Uncle Fred & family say hi for new year. Right to left uncle Fred, then uncle Fred when he was younger, aunty Margaret.

Attachments

• 8EEE5132-44CE-4F05-A113-2ED1D45B33DF.jpeg
    8EEE5132-44CE-4F05-A113-2ED1D45B33DF.jpeg
    134 KB · Views: 8
Tom Wolfe, he the great American stream of consciousness writer, once wrote of a character that "... he walked like he had a barrel of Dortmunder stout hanging-between his legs."

I've enjoyed Dortmunder, you have good taste!

Here's a paper on Tom Wolfe and Hunter S. Thompson, another of the new American authors who came to prominence in the 1960's, writing about the same event, a party where the Hells Angels were participating, sponsored by a third new American author, Ken Kesey (One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest).

(DOC) The Gang-Bang of the Decade: The Differing Views of Tom Wolfe and Hunter S. Thompson on the Social Vitality of 1960s American Subculture | Caitlin Miller - Academia.edu

Last edited:
Tom Wolfe, he the great American stream of consciousness writer, once wrote of a character that "... he walked like he had a barrel of Dortmunder stout hanging-between his legs."

I've enjoyed Dortmunder, you have good taste!
I prefer the lighter beers, but drank (imperial) gallons of Dortmunder over the years 😂.

Latest posts

Back