Handle bar width

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WVxNitemare

Reaction score
Guys
I have the drag bars currently on my bike that are about 28 inches wide... wanting a biy more I ordered a set that are 35.8 inches wide. Think thay will be too much? I hate how cramped everything is with tje 28 inch ones. If too wide can I cut the back?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

My pro tapers are 31.5" wide and I'd say they just about pushed the boundries of the stock cabling...bend will add or take away a bit, but 36" sounds wide to me. The Pro Tapers are made to be cut down, can't see why you couldn't with yours...I guess it just depends on where the bend is...

I have the same bars you have, Just enough room to mount my cell phone. I will be moving up to the super bike bars. I will be buying the bar through Sean when I finish working all the bugs
out of my bike.

My pro tapers are 31.5" wide and I'd say they just about pushed the boundries of the stock cabling...bend will add or take away a bit, but 36" sounds wide to me. The Pro Tapers are made to be cut down, can't see why you couldn't with yours...I guess it just depends on where the bend is...

Can you post a picture where can see what your bar looks like on your bike.
If you can.

Gonna have to trim em back a wee bit but should be good..
y5ysyten.jpg

Alright trimmed to a total width of 33.5 inches and they are awesome. Highway hawk hh22513 in case anyone wondering. See pic... nothing is crowded anymore and my shoulders feel great.

a2y9e6at.jpg

Before pic..
etejyba8.jpg

I have a Flanders drag bar 31.5" wide and they work great for me. There's a fair amount of open bar and it is close but could go a little wider with stock wiring. Here is a picture from 2010:
IMG_0651.jpg
I have them turned up just a little for clearance, picture is from 2008:
IMG_2781.jpg

My pro tapers are 31.5" wide and I'd say they just about pushed the boundaries of the stock cabling...bend will add or take away a bit, but 36" sounds wide to me. The Pro Tapers are made to be cut down, can't see why you couldn't with yours...I guess it just depends on where the bend is...
I was looking into some Renthal or Protapers but not sure if they take barends? In other words do they have hollow ends?

Last edited:
Back