Handle Bars....superbike or drag from Sean??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lawman504

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, need some input and pics. I want some new bars and was pretty dead set on drag bars from Sean. Luckily, i emailed him about them and he replied almost immediately. He said the drag bars have a tendancy to hit the faux tank cover so he recommended the superbike bars. I read on here all the time that many have grag bars though. Any input and let me see some pics of both styles please. Thanks a bunch!!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Not sure how well you can see from the pic but I have the superbike bar and I like it, if your not careful even this will hit the faux tank. If I remember I'll take a better shot when I get home from work..

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1370283227466.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1370283227466.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 226
I have drag bars and never hit my tank before. I have a riser now but even before I put riser on it I never hit the cover. Maybe they are shorter than Sean's. I bought them from UFO before I knew of Sean. But ill tell you I love the drag bars. They look and feel awesome. I get compliments on them all the time.

Just depends on what drag bar you get mine came close to the tank but never hit but they were to low for my liking so I put an 1 1/4 riser under them & love them now. You can get the risors off ebay for like 55 bucks shipped. I am not a fan of the superbars but different strokes for different folks. I sell them & have a brand new set laying there that I was gonna put on my girl friends Max but neither on of us like the extra width so I am either fixing to chop them down some or wait till I come across a set of nice stock bars to replace her bent ones.

Not sure how well you can see from the pic but I have the superbike bar and I like it, if your not careful even this will hit the faux tank. If I remember I'll take a better shot when I get home from work..

Wow, your right.....there is a lot going on in that picture. Lol. With all those gadgets on your bars, i can even see the bars. :D

de3aza3e.jpg
I have drag bars on my max and love them. I took time to adjust all the controls and was able to get the throttle cable where it is just barely touching at full lock. I like the idea of the risers so I will look into some for me but the look of the drag bars really set the front end off.

Like both...I have a set of sens super bike.....they are nice if you have not ridden a max with the drg bar you won't know what you are missing lol....so for he price can't go wrong with either one....like the wider br,guess depends on how big you are make it more or less comfortable....

Myself, I will be raising the forks a little over an inch in the clamps, and mounting clip-ons. To give me better clearance, I will be using R1/6 switch and throttle housings, with the reserve switch relocated. I did some measurements, and by using the more compact housings, I should have clearance at full lock still.

The superbike has the same pullback as dragbar but with some rise. So, you're getting all the same effects but without the extra cost of the riser (which we also sell).

Sean

The superbike has the same pullback as dragbar but with some rise. So, you're getting all the same effects but without the extra cost of the riser (which we also sell).

Sean
Could just be the kind of bars I have but my drag bars with the risor don't feel like the super bars in my opinion. I sell both of them so its not a debate for me just an opinion.

I really like the superbike bars im 6/3 250lbs and they really feel good to me ..night and day over the factory ones..:punk:

I've been riding with drag bars for about 10 years now on the max and don't mind em at all. They don't hit the tank but come VERY close. Thinking of buying a short riser soon just to try. Just a piece of advice, when you put the bars on (no riser), put a cloth over the faux cover. Turn the forks to the turnstop and you can adjust the bars to be pretty damn close to the faux cover without hitting before you tighten em down.

I have the drag bars and love them. I also get to repaint my cover every couple years because of it hitting. Haven't had anything else to compare to though.

Wow, your right.....there is a lot going on in that picture. Lol. With all those gadgets on your bars, i can even see the bars. :D

Aww come on man, there's not that much there lol air pressure gauge for my air shifter, tether kill switch and bottle heater switch are all that's on the bars...

Back