Handlebar controls

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chillcool68

Reaction score
hello all, anyone know of any custom controls or how to mod my existing being the letters are faded, checked on ebay those i seen don't look any better? thanks

Do you want stock switch housings? I'm sure there are a couple guys on here that will have a set. Actually, ask Desert Max. I think he might have a set from a bike he's parting out.

Actually, brand new from some of the factory part wholesalers, the prices are not that bad. Check out Boats.net for the prices.

You can also get a decal set from one of the suppliers I have seen online and have yours coated/painted and then put the new decals on. I think I have a freshly coated set of housings on hand.

If it's only the lettering that's wonky, you could paint over any that remains (to give you a fresh black surface), and then re-apply.
I have an old, discontinued "P-Touch" label maker, that has proven to be super around the house (labeling service panels, cat collars, preservatives, junk boxes, etc).
As luck would have it, the label maker has a selectable font/size that exactly matches the bike's lettering, and a tape selection that includes "3/8 inch wide White on Clear"
Once applied, the lettering is very durable. I've never had to re-do any to date.
Cheers!

Attachments

• fan switch and housing.jpg
    fan switch and housing.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 115
Those look great Miles. I'm in the same boat with faded lettering so I think I will try and find a similar label maker.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

My covers are painted as per my frame etc and therefore no lettering at all.
There's only a couple of things to remember, is it that hard to memorize??
Never been an issue for me.

Those look great Miles. I'm in the same boat with faded lettering so I think I will try and find a similar label maker.
Thanks Tex

I've got an old PT 15 machine - old, discontinued, and decrepit . But still functioning.
Kinda like me. And my bike, for that matter.
The website lists all the tape sizes and colors available for each model of printer - I imagine most all would accept the 3/8" white on clear. And the font is common, I suspect even the basic machines have it.
Cheers!

http://www.ptouchdirect.com

My covers are painted as per my frame etc and therefore no lettering at all.
There's only a couple of things to remember, is it that hard to memorize??
Never been an issue for me.

I know exactly what they all do, just like the look of the lettering.

@Miles thanks for the info!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

hmmm thanks thought about painting over the letters and leave it at that, the labeler idea looks good, hmmmm, decisions, decisions, will check ebay for labeler, wish me luck.....

Back