Handlebar mount bracket bolts access

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffwat

Reaction score
I have a 1989 V Max. The bracket that holds the handlebars appears to have 4 attachment bolts, and each appears to be covered with a chromed rounded (likely plastic) silver button.

I want to remove one button, remove the bolt, put in an extended bolt with collar spacer, so as to attach a voltmeter bracket for the voltmeter I have.

It’s not clear to me how or if I can do this. Can the silver button be removed, or must the whole handlebar be removed and worked on from the underside?

Thank you,
Jeff

4099C7E1-6E33-4E58-9956-D6C7657C332F.jpeg Thanks, got it. I have a hardened needle tool, and got it out. Have installed voltmeter. I’ve done a lot of work on my bike, it’s fine, love it. However, the charging system has never been what I call great. At least now, with voltmeter, I’ll be better able to keep an eye on it.

If you havent already, check out the electrical section. There are some threads addressing charging and voltage issues, fixes and upgrades.

Latest posts

Back