Handlebar mount O/P Gauge line routing

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't know if it will help, but the distance from the pod and the bars isn't too far off. I routed mine from the side of the engine, behind the bellypan, up the frame, behind the radiator side cover, behind the ignition/neck cover, on to the gauge.

p1040202.jpg

p1040199y.jpg

rightsidew.jpg

Mounted my guage just to left of handlebar mount, ran oil line like KJ, I bought mine from Cycleoneoff and it came with all hardware and detailed instructions, good luck!................Tom.

KJ, is that the line you gave me the link to at Speedwaymotors? Yours looks coated, mines just braided stainless. I need to coat mine with something because I had to wrap it where it touches the frame to keep it from chaffing the paint off. Works great though. Sorry for the hijack Danny!....mines routed the same way too, except I didn't go behind the ignition cover. I went kinda the same route that the brake line runs once I reached the fork triple.

Same here......right up the RH down tube and behind the speedo to the LH side of the bars. But I also have the fairing that hides a lot of this kind of stuff from view...........

My gauge is a COO that I found on fleabay....new, unused, $80, but no instructions. I didn't run it behind the ignition cover and the bare line was chafing the triple....I'll route it that way....thanks guys.

Bob, I was thinking of some shrink wrap but what I have is too small to go over the connection fitting. Also thought about plasti-dip but that would undoubtedly be a disaster....globs 'n drips 'n shit! Come out looking like a rolling ad for Monster energy drink! :puke:

Cover it with a piece of heat shrink that is adhesive lined. you can buy it in 4' lengths and only costs a few dollars. Try a local electrical supplier.

Ya I was thinking the plastic dip too. I wonder if slowly rotating it while it dries would keep the drips for happening? I was gonna give it a try during my annual Spring vmax wrenching session. Maybe make up a fixture to slooowly rotate it...?

Hmmm. Never heard of that stuff. 4' would be perfect length too! Thanks for the tip Mike.

+1...I never heard of it either but sure does sound like the ticket! Would ACE or one of them have it Mike?

Bob, the 'rotating' thing ocurred to me too.....but way down inside I just KNOW my efforts would become a nightmare!! :biglaugh:

Not sure if ace would sell that? I get it from my electrical distributor. If you can't find it local, there are plenty of options online. I know mcmaster carr sells it :biglaugh:

Make sure you measure the OD of the fittings so you buy something large enough to slip over it.

Ebay has em like crazy. I wonder if the advertised size is before or after shrinking? IE: 3/4 dia. with a 3 to 1 shrink ratio could/would go down to 1/4 dia. after heating.

Advertised size is typically before shrinking. Buy some with a decent wall thickness. The thin stuff is easier to rip. The heavy duty stuff is thicker and holds up better.

I got a 4' length of 3/4" shrink tubing (shrinks to 1/4") from McCarr and it worked perfectly. At Mike's suggestion I got the adhesive lined tubing and it shrunk & sealed beautifully.

At $17+ a length, they don't give it away but I'd buy it again in a second if the need arose.

Back