Handlebar options for Gen 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr. Max

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m looking handlebars that have less pullback than stock bars, I have read about Sean’s Muscle bars and he is checking if he has them anymore or not. Is there any other known good option?
And how about swap, is there something special that I should prepare for? I’m aware of bar ends and that some drilling is needed, but what are these (see picture)? Are they removable from stock bar?
F736C4CA-9A49-4574-A97C-F018AD0A30B4.jpeg

I believe those hold little plastic ties that keep the control cables in place. I'll look as soon as I get a chance unless somebody chimes in before that.

you could take the stock bar & cut them right about where those little nubs are in the above pic, lay the bar flat (no pullback) & weld up, stick it in a tubing bender & bend each end until the bar is lays horizontal...it's just a few degrees but it pronates the wrists at a very slight, uncomfortable angle if they aren't corrected.

I don’t have such tools available, I’m looking something that just bolts on easy with basic tools 😄
I found K-Maxx from germany, they have something that might do the trick. They even have one handlebar on they’re site, that has been mounted on a Vmax! That bar needs bigger clamps (32 mm / 1 1/4”) too, I believe. But they have 28 mm / 1 1/8” bar too that should mount directly to stock clamps?

https://www.kmaxx-moto.de/lenker-sp...-alu-lenker/56/28mm-alu-lenker-streetflat?c=9
26D6A041-63C7-4B0A-9C06-384FE5B2314B.jpeg

If by basic you mean a punch and, a drill and a set of bits then any 1 1/8" bar should fit the bike so it's really just a matter of finding the bend and color you want. Renthal, Pro-Taper, Driven Racing, Rizoma, etc.

A pretty popular bar is the 'Superbike' (SBK) bend but it's all going to depend upon what you are looking for.

I have never changed handlebars before, what kind of holes do I need to drill to new bars? Are they for some wiring or what? I just want to be prepared so theres no huge surprises when I get old bars off 😄

Typically, although I can't say definitively on the VMAX as I haven't installed my Driven bars yet, but the throttle and turn signal housing have a small 'nub' on them that goes into a hole in the bars to prevent them from rotating and then there are the holes for the cable holders as you can see in the pictures above.

Use a punch to mark the holes and keep the bit from 'walking' on the round bar and start with a small pilot hole and then finish with the correct size using the holes in the old bars to find the right sized bit.

It's not hugely difficult.

I personally cut away the protrusion on the switch gear and then stick a sliver of inner tube in its place, it allows enough tightening to stop the switch gear slipping and without damaging it,
I did change a set of bars on an old bike once as the previous owner had so many attempts at getting the drilled hole in the right place that so much metal had been removed they were at risk of breaking if the bike fell over

I installed protaper and more comfortable now

Attachments

• F10A286E-1A9B-4885-BD22-45856F796700.jpeg
    F10A286E-1A9B-4885-BD22-45856F796700.jpeg
    109 KB · Views: 78
  • 2DFE0DE0-A677-49CB-A112-666BD8318ECE.jpeg
    2DFE0DE0-A677-49CB-A112-666BD8318ECE.jpeg
    170 KB · Views: 77
That’s tpms for monitoring tire pressures , red one is custom gear indicator
Hey, just teasing here......is your Maxx doggy or something ? Mine doesn't care what gear I'm in as long as I'm within a click or so. Give it a twist and hang on or smell smoke, LOL.

How does it know which gear it's in ? Did you add a rotary switch or something ?

Tom

Hey, just teasing here......is your Maxx doggy or something ? Mine doesn't care what gear I'm in as long as I'm within a click or so. Give it a twist and hang on or smell smoke, LOL.

How does it know which gear it's in ? Did you add a rotary switch or something ?

Tom
:)Well having a gear indicator is became necessary for me after i tuned it (ecu flash,exhaust , clutch upgrades etc) because unfortunately the bike suffers not having 6th gear and i was keep forgetting :) so i added a little bit electronic and wires and came up with a custom gear indicator that gets the info from bike’s own gear sensor. So its very accurate of course .
Note : i can make more gear indicators if anybody needs it other then me . Since its not a common bike so i never thought the gear indicator would be good to get into production line .
it just needs a little bit trick to read the info.

Last edited:
:)Well having a gear indicator is became necessary for me after i tuned it (ecu flash,exhaust , clutch upgrades etc) because unfortunately the bike suffers not having 6th gear and i was keep forgetting :) so i added a little bit electronic and wires and came up with a custom gear indicator that gets the info from bike’s own gear sensor. So its very accurate of course .
Note : i can make more gear indicators if anybody needs it other then me . Since its not a common bike so i never thought the gear indicator would be good to get into production line .
it just needs a little bit trick to read the info.

I must be missing something...the bike has a gear indicator between the fuel & temp gauge.

Back