Handling

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the Vmax/Venture comparisons.In Harley world there's not such a big difference in low speed handling between an Electraglide & a Dyna.
The Vmax is a fair bit lighter than my Dyna,so shouldn't be a problem.
I'm going to start figureing out the logistics of selling the Dyna,& then looking for a late model Gen1 Vmax.You could wish me luck.:ummm:

I ride my Max a lot, 60 miles a day to and from work. At speeds over 85 it's unstable, and as speed increases it gets worse. Over 115 and I feel suicidal riding it so I keep it under 85.

I've heard that lowering the bike on the front forks and radials help, when I need a tire I'll check it out.

something doesn't sound right man. i've been on 300 mile jaunts of the highway sustaining speeds from 80 - 100 typically and never felt unsafe. i've brought it well over 100 as well and only felt the wind against my facemask being the uncomfortable part, the bike has always felt solid.

I ride my Max a lot, 60 miles a day to and from work. At speeds over 85 it's unstable, and as speed increases it gets worse. Over 115 and I feel suicidal riding it so I keep it under 85.

You have other problems if it's unstable at 85mph.

Head stock bearings, swing arm bearings or suspension (forks and shocks) issues. My max has never been unstable at any speed. I've had it up around 140 (with my mods) with no issues at all.

Chris

something doesn't sound right man. i've been on 300 mile jaunts of the highway sustaining speeds from 80 - 100 typically and never felt unsafe. i've brought it well over 100 as well and only felt the wind against my facemask being the uncomfortable part, the bike has always felt solid.
+1 I have been over 140 mph and not had any problems at all. I would check your bearings on the swingarm and head for proper adjustment. Make sure tires are properly inflated too.

You have other problems if it's unstable at 85mph.

Head stock bearings, swing arm bearings or suspension (forks and shocks) issues. My max has never been unstable at any speed. I've had it up around 140 (with my mods) with no issues at all.

Chris

definitely. if you're trying to take sweepers at 140, maybe its a bit unstable (maybe u have a death wish, but who am i to judge) but yea i've never felt unstable in mine.

Could be a little simpler than that....if you have stock front suspension, the air pressure may not be equal. Or in my case, when I picked up my max from the dealership, some jack ass set the rear dampening wrong...one side was set 1 and the other 4. Needless to day, it got a little squirrely when I got on it. Dangerous as hell, now that I think about it:whistlin:

Re: Handling (Update)

Thanks to everyone who replied to my post,there's been a development with My bike,I might not now be selling it.My interest in the Vmax was/is genuine,I appreciate the replies,& Seans help.

Latest posts

Back