Harley-Davidson Pan America 1250 OFF -ROAD????

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redrum

Reaction score
You have got to have bigger ones than me to ride a 534 lb dirt bike, in the dirt.

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/harley-davidson-pan-america-1250
I imagine only a very few will see anything but pavement. Good poser.

At least HD is trying new things to stay alive. More power to them.

"6.8-inch touchscreen display" - That would last 1/2 way through my first off road ride.

The 150 HP does sound like s shit ton of fun!

Last edited:
BMW's been selling adventure bikes with weight since the R80GS in probably the early 1980's.

I'm a baby boomer, more and more of us are not continuing in the motorcycle marketplace. They need to attract other riders. What they really need to do is to get their pricing lower to attract the Gen X & Millennials.

I like the Pan America video where it shows one on a trail next-to a string of road bikers on pavement, and the dusty contrail of the H-D Pan America is dusting the road-riders, as he passes 'em.

"Buy this he-man Harley-Davidson and leave the other guys in your dust!"

they are not really heavy compared to a 2021 africa twin or an xlv 750 tipping the scales at around 490, a ktm 1290 about the same. heavy compared to my xr at just 320 but a totally different type of riding.

big bore adv. bikes like the ktm1290 or the africa twin are actually quite agile off road. Maybe not a north east woods bike but for more open areas quite nice. my kid has been trying to get me to do the trans american for years with him and his ktm 900 but i think my 650 would be a bit strung out. 5418E57F-3FC5-4797-AF71-61E5EF7ADA08.jpeg

BMW's been selling adventure bikes with weight since the R80GS in probably the early 1980's.

I'm a baby boomer, more and more of us are not continuing in the motorcycle marketplace. They need to attract other riders. What they really need to do is to get their pricing lower to attract the Gen X & Millennials.

I like the Pan America video where it shows one on a trail next-to a string of road bikers on pavement, and the dusty contrail of the H-D Pan America is dusting the road-riders, as he passes 'em.

Yea, 410 lbs is nuts too but 534 lbs, with a touch screen???

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_R80G/S
Getting older I often look at 650's for on/off road but they seem to heavy, to me anyway. I took a street legal KTM 500 for a spin once. If I would ride off road more than a couple times a year I'd get one!

"Buy this he-man Harley-Davidson and leave the other guys in your dust!"

That is so true. I have a place in Northern Michigan and we are right at the pavement end. So I'll hear a group of Harleys potatoe'ing down the pavement and then they see the dirt road, stop, look at their paper maps, and turn around. Rarely do I see one that goes down the gravel.

Can't really blame them. I hate to clean the dirt off my street bikes. But I do feel like - wuss :)

Latest posts

Back