Harley V4's??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rusty

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I posted this on V4muscle.com I got the impression that they didn't believe it. Well I do believe, Harley will eventually come out with liquid cooled monster V4's. That will blow the socks off there competition. Including those pesky Japanese bikes. What do you think.
06.gif
I like how Harley's vice president says. Only Harley-Davidson could do this. Who does he think he's kidding LOL. I Don't think this was an April fool eather.:rofl_200:

NEW HARLEY-DAVIDSON FLH2O WATER HOG BLACK SPLASHES INTO THE 21st CENTURY.
Harley Style with V4 Grunt!

MILWAUKEE (April 1, 2008) - The new Harley-Davidson FLH2O Water Hog Black splashes on the scene with more grunt and power of any Harley-Davidson motorcycle, it fact twice the power and torque. Let the world know that the Water Hog is just the beginning of a new line of motorcycles to complement the Twin Cam 96 and V-Rod engines that have continued our 105 year history. "With traditional Touring styling, it will be hard to tell the difference between a Twin Cam 96 and Water Hog" said Willie G. Davidson, Vice President of Styling. "Even the sound is the traditional rumble we have come to know and love. By linking the two V-2 cyclinders together in the Twin Cam configuration we have attained the sound of two V-Twins running side by side." Twice the pleasure.

The new Touring model was announced today at the Harley-Davidson Spring
Dealer Meeting in Las Vegas. With the retro look of a Water Hog Bat Wing and other post-war era styling cues like a sprung solo seat, half-round rider footboards, Gloss Black round air cleaner cover and chopped front fender, the Water Hog rides with a Black and Polished 160 cubic inch V-4 powertrain, 6-speed Cruise Drive transmission and truly unique air suspension.

"Only Harley-Davidson could do this bike," said Bill Davidson, Harley-Davidson Vice President, Core Customer Marketing. "It's a motorcycle inspired as much by our early Electra Glides, as by our desire to deliver innovative technology and content to make the ride today as magical and transforming as only a Harley-Davidson can. Water Hog is a bike that makes me want to strap a blanket across the Bat Wing, hit the campgrounds on my next road trip and get totally in touch with what's right about this land."

As the latest of several Harley-Davidson Dark Customs, Water Hog Black melds custom creativity with rough and raw finishes. Soul mates of the Water Hog Black include the Cross Bones, Nightster, Night Train, Night Rod Special, Fat Bob and Street Bob. Check out more on Dark Custom motorcycles at
www.harley-davidson.com/darkcustom.

As each Harley-Davidson Touring motorcycle declares its styling independence with exclusive components and inspired craftsmanship, the Water Hog Black is a bold addition to an already free-spirited family. Many features of the Water Hog Black and other Touriers are reminiscent of restless riders of the past, whose defiant attitude resonates with those who march to their own beat in any generation.

The Touring name originates from its design, with a swingarm section that
honors the lines of a vintage FLH, while delivering a smooth, comfortable ride. Hidden air-shock absorbers are strategically mounted out-of-sight. The counter-balanced V4 160A powertrain is rigid-mounted in the Touring frame to give the rider a core connection to the motorcycle. Harley-Davidson Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI) is standard on all Touring models, as is the 6-speed Cruise Drive transmission with its accommodating clutch lever effort.

The Touring Water Hog Black takes on the road with a rebellious expression
accentuated by a Gloss Black painted Bat Wing front end with chrome forks,
black headlamp and black mini ape-hanger style handlebar. While the chopped front fender exposes more of the front wheel, a Bobtail fender does the same for the wide 230 mm rear tire. Tires with matching treads ride on Steel Laced wheels with Gloss Black painted rims.

The sprung dual seat, gloss black round air cleaner cover and old-style half-round rider footboards form a nostalgic focal point of the Water Hog Black, recalling images of a classic era on this contempor

I can absolutely guarantee it was an april fool. Even Harley wouldn't name a bike the "water hog".

If HD ever does make a liquid cooled "traditional" bike, they will make every effort to conceal their blasphemy.

Though I do remember seeing some patents turned up that HD has for water cooled heads or something, along with concealed radiators in the fairings. Was on one of the MC blogs.

The only place that Harley blows the socks off their competition is in Pro Stock Bike class of NHRA drag racing, and the only reason they do is because they are allowed 160 cubic inches and the 4 cyl bikes are limited to 101 cubic inches. Also, since they recently discovered aluminum WAAAAAY back in the 1990s, and more recently Liquid Cooling when the (Porsche designed) V-rod engine arrived in 2000, I'd say the Japanese have zero to worry about, however its nice to see they are finally looking at a more efficient engine design vs the dinosaur they have made since 1903.

I can absolutely guarantee it was an april fool. Even Harley wouldn't name a bike the "water hog".

If HD ever does make a liquid cooled "traditional" bike, they will make every effort to conceal their blasphemy.

Though I do remember seeing some patents turned up that HD has for water cooled heads or something, along with concealed radiators in the fairings. Was on one of the MC blogs.
May be yer right.It would be so expensive only Jay leno could own one. Have u seen these guys---->http://v-quad.com/ I herd they over heat like crazy.

:punk:picture from the 3rd floor @ H-D's Milwaukee museum. Count the cylinders. The complete bike was in the basement.
I tried to load more but 'no-go!'

Attachments

• May 2011 Milwaukee-April HPFFA 085.jpg
    May 2011 Milwaukee-April HPFFA 085.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 47
  • May 2011 Milwaukee-April HPFFA 088.jpg
    May 2011 Milwaukee-April HPFFA 088.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 36
  • May 2011 Milwaukee-April HPFFA 098.jpg
    May 2011 Milwaukee-April HPFFA 098.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 48
  • May 2011 Milwaukee-April HPFFA 095.jpg
    May 2011 Milwaukee-April HPFFA 095.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 34
A V-4, V-Rod would Kick Ass, Seriously. But, I've bought my last non Yamaha. I'm way over Hardley's..

In a way I wish they could have gone and did both projects. I know they had so much into both of them and I do not think that it would have been too hard to have finished up the NOVA to production models. Then H-D would have a edge on technology at the time.

Back