Has anyone come up with a good way to mount there I-phone to the handlebar clamps?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan Lee

Reaction score
I would like to mount my I-phone on my handle bar clamp some how, I know there are probably a few people that have done this already, can you share your ideas and a few pictures. Don't plan on screwing with the phone while I ride, but it would be nice to use it as a GPS map every now and then.

Thanks

Given the apparent difficulty in sourcing exactly what you're looking for and the readily available, perfectly viable mainstream alternative, I'm not sure what advantage, if any, there would be in "clamping to the clamp" and not clamping to the bar...

Dont want it to the side, I want it in the middle, Something like this

Attachments

• motorcycle-phone-mount.jpg
    motorcycle-phone-mount.jpg
    270.9 KB · Views: 48
It clamps on bar just clamp close to middle arm will reach to center like you want it go to there site see mounting options.I installed to the side so my finger can reach screen on phone with both hands on handle bars.

It clamps on bar just clamp close to middle arm will reach to center like you want it go to there site see mounting options.I installed to the side so my finger can reach screen on phone with both hands on handle bars.
I will look into that one

Look at the second picture i posted you can rotate that arm 360 then tighten it were you want arm to sit. Check out site have other mounting options as well. Its not cheap but it very sturdy and built very nice.

Don't use IPhone. Haha. Actually I keep mine in my pocket. However I have looked for mounts too, but haven't found any that done already block the speedo. It's very little bar space to work with as it is.

2011-10-29_16-46-21_6.jpg No shit. Watch your back at lights.

My 85 Eliminator in 2011. Distracted driver. I was OK. Bike not so much.

Check out Tackform. It’s the only one for me that seems to tick all the boxes. All metal, all black, clamp mounted, compact and one hand on and off. The ball mounted to the clamp is also metal. I’ve been debating opting for a rubber one from Ram mounts to reduce some vibrations. They sell a version to fit the 1in ball from Ram.
I’ve stalled my purchase since I’ve been using my Sena to listen to Google maps on my phone. Definitely a safer option.

I put on bar end mirrors (I like them better regardless) and use the left mirror mount to screw in a ram ball, then a Ram X mount for the phone. USB power clamped to the handlebar right next to it.

Attachments

• rammount copy.jpg
    rammount copy.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 37

Latest posts

Back