Has anyone done this...?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a bizarre thought :D
Just a thought. Seen some weird stuff done. Hopefully now someone will go 'Yea let's try it...!':p I remember when I was young we had a guy here that rode a Cushman with a Harley front wheel and ape hangers. Mannn, he was Bad A$$.

The gen 2 mufflers don't really "muffle" but it might be able to be done. HOWEVER, the result I suspect would be similar to the Cobra's with an adequate lack in scavenging soon enough in the pipes and a power loss. IT MIGHT work without too much loss though as you would have to at least combine the pipes before you can connect them to the muffler. The Gen 2 has one inlet each muffler while the Gen 1 has two.

The gen 2 mufflers don't really "muffle" but it might be able to be done. HOWEVER, the result I suspect would be similar to the Cobra's with an adequate lack in scavenging soon enough in the pipes and a power loss. IT MIGHT work without too much loss though as you would have to at least combine the pipes before you can connect them to the muffler. The Gen 2 has one inlet each muffler while the Gen 1 has two.
That is what I was looking for. Thank you. Well explained...

Those corrugated flexible exhaust tubes are nasty as they sap power* due to not having a smooth surface.

* not a huge amount, I'd be surprised if it were more than 10%

Likewise if possible, for the same reason avoid the corrugated water hoses, choose smooth pipes.

Those corrugated flexible exhaust tubes are nasty as they sap power* due to not having a smooth surface.

* not a huge amount, I'd be surprised if it were more than 10%

Likewise if possible, for the same reason avoid the corrugated water hoses, choose smooth pipes.
I've got pitting factor calcs here, the pipes become so turbulant the power just keeps reducing through the pipes. You may be underestimating the losses if you include bends made of this stuff also. I would need to work it out, but bends have reduction factors and now pitting to consider if you dared to make an exhaust out this stuff.

Phew, it sounds horrible doesn't it :). Might end up with a hernia pushing the VMax up very steep hills. I'll stick to the hard method of smooth pipes.

I agree, gen 2 pipes are well designed. But on gen 1, it would ruin the look and esthetics of the gen 1.
You should try and share the photos.

Latest posts

Back