Has anyone seen this build?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watching all that hot work with the gas cap off after he showed the bike running made me nervous.

I think a rounded contour on the seat pan edges where the metal 'folds' will be a more comfortable design than the 'sharp' edge he used.

Not a fan of the side covers. The perforated metal shape cutout I believe could be better made to compliment the lines of the bike. The flat shape of the metal side cover outline could be greatly enhanced if the edges were rolled to make it more of a 'pan,' like the OEM. Plus, he has an '85, which has the stamped side covers with the VMax name, a one year only design. I like that quite a bit.

Maybe when it's all done it will come together more, but for now, after looking at a few of the videos, I really do prefer stock to this. His small semi-circle replacing the OEM gas tank faux cover's instrument panel is awkward-looking. I could see eliminating it entirely and using a KOSO multi-function gauge in-place of the stock speedo.

Watching all that hot work with the gas cap off after he showed the bike running made me nervous.

I think a rounded contour on the seat pan edges where the metal 'folds' will be a more comfortable design than the 'sharp' edge he used.

Not a fan of the side covers. The perforated metal shape cutout I believe could be better made to compliment the lines of the bike. The flat shape of the metal side cover outline could be greatly enhanced if the edges were rolled to make it more of a 'pan,' like the OEM. Plus, he has an '85, which has the stamped side covers with the VMax name, a one year only design. I like that quite a bit.

Maybe when it's all done it will come together more, but for now, after looking at a few of the videos, I really do prefer stock to this. His small semi-circle replacing the OEM gas tank faux cover's instrument panel is awkward-looking. I could see eliminating it entirely and using a KOSO multi-function gauge in-place of the stock speedo.
I understand what you're saying, but you don't see a lot of newer gen1's videos being made. To me his building skills are a little novice to what he's trying to achieve. But I'll give him credit for getting out there an trying to make something unique.

Shared the same apprehensions.. but just watched on of the later videos and i stand corrected. That bike is, although not finished, nothing short of spectacular.

Back