has anyone used this product ?? opinions?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let me know when you get more info on the product. I would definitely like to make my stainless steel marks look more towards a chrome finish. I have been debating polishing them to make the SS shine, but having something that would reduce the temperature on the exterior to the touch seems like a huge plus. Not only would it keep people from burning themselves accidentally it should keep the pipes cleaner by not allowing debris to melt/fuse to the metal due to heat.

Use it on the back end exhaust pipe, or on the forward feeding lines
I think the terms are "muffler/canister" (depending on whom you're talking to) and "headers"...
damn idiots...

There is no other product on the market that can do what Cool Ride Technology will.
Pretty bold statement. I think I will wait on people to actually try it out and post the results first.

Now, I am gonna assume that in doing this, it keeps all the heat inside the exhaust. I can see where this would have a performance benefit. Question is... how hot do headers typically get?

I know that while rebuilding my vmax I used some 1200 degree paint on my front two header pipes and the paint peeled and flaked off after 2 weeks. I then prepared the pipes the same way and used VHT 2000 degree paint over a month ago and have no issues. Not sure what the actual temp is but the 1200 degree paint did not work well for me.

I'll wait to see a video of application in a small area and a laser thermometer put to good use. I already got burned (no pun intended) on NeverWet, which is fairly sucky and useless.

Here is a major limitation with this product:

It probably won't work for exhaust.
+1, exhaust runs hotter than 400 degrees up by the heads.
I can see an advantage to keeping the heat inside the exhaust system. There are a few products that will do this. They go inside the pipes though.
Steve

I polish my SS Mark's pipes every winter and I'm wondering if Jet Hot coating or a similar product would be easier to maintain to go along with the benefits of controlling the heat that radiates from the pipes?

I think a web search yields a lot of snake oil stories on this product.

There is an advantage to keeping heat in the exhaust, at least for the first bit of length.
Theory has is that allowing it to cool too quickly raises the density and lowers the velocity.
That's the theory anyway, don't know if its really a measurable effect.

I think a web search yields a lot of snake oil stories on this product.

There is an advantage to keeping heat in the exhaust, at least for the first bit of length.
Theory has is that allowing it to cool too quickly raises the density and lowers the velocity.
That's the theory anyway, don't know if its really a measurable effect.

I guess that's the same reason why they advertise some power gain using thermal wrap for some cars. The main purpose is to keep the heat inside the exhaust.

So I guess the theory makes sense.

Back