has spring arrived for you yet?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
Not a good outlook for weekend riding in the Northeast:
(but the south Florida outlook is perfect weather, 85* F outside now)

As a storm runs into the warm-cool air battleground in place across the northeastern United States, areas of wintry and wet weather will occur by week’s end.

“A storm will bring a brief return to winter for some parts of the Northeast and also some beneficial rain for many during Thursday night and Friday,” AccuWeather Meteorologist Steve D. Travis said.

The zone of chilly air and subsequent wintry weather will generally be north and east of Interstate 81 and I-84 where temperatures will be held in the 30s and 40s F through the week.

South and west of this corridor, temperatures in the 50s and 60s will be more common which will promote all rain. “Where colder air is in place across New England, the Adirondacks and the Catskills, there will be a period of accumulating snow or a wintry mix,” Travis said. Travis anticipates few issues with slippery travel on Friday due to the strong March sun keeping most blacktop surfaces above freezing. Elevated and grassy surfaces will be most susceptible to accumulation. “However, where snow or a wintry mix occurs during the night, there could be some slushy accumulation on roads,” Travis said. Bridges and overpasses are most at risk for developing isolated slick spots. Syracuse and Albany, New York; Burlington, Vermont and Portland, Maine are among the communities that could face a bout of wintry weather prior to the weekend.

Commuters heading to Boston from the north and west will face a higher risk for slippery travel than in the city itself. At most, wet snowflakes could mix with rain in Boston for a brief time.

Residents and travelers along the corridor from Washington, D.C., to Boston will face occasional downpours, times of slow travel and pooling of water on roadways as opposed to any wintry weather. It is not out of the question that a few rumbles of thunder or even gusty thunderstorms with small hail cross the mid-Atlantic, including Baltimore; Washington, D.C.; Richmond, Virginia; and Raleigh, North Carolina. Any precipitation will be beneficial in alleviating the abnormally dry to severe drought conditions which are plaguing areas along and northwest of I-95 from Virginia to Maine. “Rainfall totals will generally range between a quarter to half an inch, but a few places may get upwards of an inch of rain,” Travis said. After drier air moves into the Northeast over the weekend, the stormy pattern will resume during the first week of April. At least two storms will track across the Central and Southeastern states before lifting northward into the mid-Atlantic and New England next week.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/to...rtheastern-us-by-friday/ar-BByYb7g?li=BBnbfcL

Attachments

• pool temp March.jpg
    pool temp March.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 12
And judging by all the Canadian license plates I see in the Miami-Ft. Lauderdale area, a good percentage of Ontario and Quebec residents have been spending it here!

ClickHandler.ashx
ClickHandler.ashx

They don't all look like this though!

Life's good for some folks!

Wowee, some accumulation of precipitation! I don't miss the days of being able to walk onto the roof of the house from the snow drifts, when I lived close-by Lake Ontario. Maxrom, May isn't that-far away. Soon you will be riding your bike, and enjoying the crisp evenings, when the temp drops 20* after the sun goes down. Your bike loves that cool air, doesn't it?

Days are getting longer and sun is blessing us with it's warmth although the temps have only been in the 40's on the warmest days. The icebreakers have done their work on the St. Mary's river and Whitefish bay so the lake freighters can convey their supplies to ports far and wide.
The reminders of winter have a deteriorating look and it's charm has long lost it's appeal, slowly being won over by the invading warmth of the new season. Redbone still sits locked away longing for the day when we will emerge from my driveway ready to conquer all that dare test the mighty Vmax!
And here I wait for the now despised snow to melt away so I can ride, so to answer Fire-medic's question spring has yet to come to my neck of the woods but it is looking better every day.

Last edited:
Haven't seen a snowflake in years. I feel for you guys up in snowland. It got so cold a few nights that I turned the heater on. like maybe 50 degrees. A nice cool breeze blowing off the ocean today. I have been sleeping on a sloop in San Diego harbor for a few months. Still in Mexico though. I had my condo cleaned on Saturday, cost me $30 bucks. Still not much violence. I will say a local Uber driver was shot and killed recently. The passengers were unhurt. I understand Trump is now going to have the U.S. taxpayers build his wall in the desert.
forestdaledave

Was able to get out last Friday on a nice sunny 50* day. I only rode 55-60 miles because Redbone was acting up by running on 3 cylinders at part throttle but above 4k she fires on all cylinders. I'm suspecting a bad COP cable or maybe something is up in the TCI. I still have my old TCI so I'm going to swap that in to see if it helps. After checking my R6 COPS the suspect one came out at 2.9 to 3.1, is that correct? Anyway I have swapped my long COP spare in which was good when I took it out.
Yep Dave, the same issue I had (besides the loose sparkplug!!!:bang head:) after we went on that bumpy road on the other side of the harbor in Corner Brook, NL..

Precisely why I left the snow belt and moved to south Florida as a young man. Life in NY and MI was never like this!

ClickHandler.ashx

I live in America and have never seen a group of girls that good looking in my life.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I live in America and have never seen a group of girls that good looking in my life.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

When I lived in Atlanta, Ga. in the late 80's early 90's I heard the ratio of men to women was 1 to 7! I don't know if that was true but there were always many beautiful women wherever you went. I had a lot of fun but when I went back for the Olympics' in '96 it seemed to have changed a little but I was only there for a week and there a ton of people everywhere we went.

Latest posts

Back