Has this happend to any one

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulVmax

Reaction score
after fitting the cops the vboost dosent seem to kick in the way it did before now i am wondering if the tacho meter could be reading wrong after i have installed the kit.

any idea would be a big help

Do you have resistors on your COPs?

I have an adjustable Vboost and it woudn't work properly with straight lines to the COPs (the change in the signal was confusing it) so I bought the kit with the inline resistors and everything went back to normal

Then, recently I bought a digital tach and that wouldn't work properly with the COPs either, until I put a resistor inline with my tach to calm it down (I think it's around 10k)

I've not run my COP's with OE tacho (have an RX2n) but did have issues with that (now sorted).
I reckon that V Boost comes in higher up the rev range, 7500 ish (?), but haven't done anything about it.

I had problems with Tboost on my '86 after installing (DIY) COPs. Vboost functioned normally (opening from 5750rpm) but Tboost would only open near 9000rpm instead of 3000 as expected.
Was never able to fix so gave up on Tboost and just used the normal and off positions.

May be related?

You don't lose power it's a vmax if you unhook vboost then you lose the extra gut wrenching pull when it kicks in where ever its set at . Tboost set up lets you flip a switch off ,3000 rpms or normal at 5700 . I run both ways sometimes normal with vboost and sometimes with vboost open all time . Depends on mood . lol

Back