Hayabusa master cylinder???

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Easy Rider

Reaction score
Has enyone tried to put Hayabusa brake master cylinder on the V-Max? I have R1 front callipers on the way (with braided lines) and one of the lads sells 99 Hayabusa master brake cylinder for half nothing. Was wondering how would it work on the V-Max :ummm:

Any advice appreciated :thumbs up:

Re: Hayabusa mater cylinder???

Has enyone tried to put Hayabusa brake master cylinder on the V-Max? I have R1 front callipers on the way (with braided lines) and one of the lads sells 99 Hayabusa master brake cylinder for half nothing. Was wondering how would it work on the V-Max :ummm:

Any advice appreciated :thumbs up:

Any master will work. The ones off the FJR look the same as the VMax master but are 14 mm and adjustable! :thumbs up:

Thanks a lot for a piece of advice :thumbs up: Is the FJR master cylinder the same as XJR??? :ummm: Where can I buy one? I tried e-bay but no luck :hmmm:

Thanks a lot for a piece of advice :thumbs up: Is the FJR master cylinder the same as XJR??? :ummm: Where can I buy one? I tried e-bay but no luck :hmmm:

I didn't know what an XJR was so i had to google it! :biglaugh: . The FJR is a sport touring bike. I've attached a picture of it. The second picture shows the master and it comes with the Yamaha right hand thread/ left hand thread boss for the mirrors.

Attachments

• 2007_FJR1300A-copy.jpg
    2007_FJR1300A-copy.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 14
  • fjrmaster.jpg
    fjrmaster.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 32
Thanks for the info :punk: Where's the best place to get one of FJR master cylinders???

You wouldn't want that one on Ebay right now. Its off a 2006, so it would not have a boss for the mirrors. I think that you would want the 2003 and earlier models. There have been a few posts about that brake MC on here.

You wouldn't want that one on Ebay right now. Its off a 2006, so it would not have a boss for the mirrors. I think that you would want the 2003 and earlier models. There have been a few posts about that brake MC on here.

Thanks :thumbs up: Has the Yamaha FZR 1000 Fazer the same MC as FJR? It looks the same and one of the lads on some other site gave me part numbers which are identical for FJR and FZR. Was wondering whether this is the same part as there is one on e-bay (FJR) :thumbs up:

XJR was only released in Europe and Austrailia. I got mine years ago direct from a dealer in OZ.

Back