He urged drivers to be aware of motorcycles. Two months later, a car killed him

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frank5079

Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/state/florida/article159411119.html

This is so sad!!! I cannot stress enough about situational awareness, especially that late in the evening/night.....

Apparently the two on the bike were northbound in the center lane of Seminole Boulevard approaching 114th Avenue North around 9:40 p.m. when the man in a 2015 Volkswagon Golf who was westbound on 114th Avenue North went through and hit them.

https://www.google.com/maps/@27.8755791,-82.7868728,42m/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en-US

That really sucks. May they both RIP. There message lives on though. Cagers distracted and not looking where they are going is my biggest fear. And it's rampant in my area. Thanks Frank.
Steve-o

That really sucks. May they both RIP. There message lives on though. Cagers distracted and not looking where they are going is my biggest fear. And it's rampant in my area. Thanks Frank.
Steve-o

A few months back, I had experienced almost a similar fate; It was early in the morning and still dark. I was on my bike, on my way to work. Coming up to an intersection about 500 or 600 feet away with the light still green and I noticed a pick up truck with a cattle trailer approaching that same intersection as well, coming from the right. I'm thinking to myself that this guy doesn't seem to be slowing down and might blow through the light. Sure enough, without stopping the idiot does exactly what I'm anticipating for him to do but instead of blowing right through, he makes a right right in front of me!!! Of course I was ticked off but rather than retaliate in a fit of road rage, I just took a couple of deep breaths and let it go. May be the next time he does that again, he'll do it in front of a cop!!!

A few years in the saddle blesses some of us with extra situational awareness and hypervigilance, and curses others with errogance and an invincibility fable.

Everytime I go to town, every motherfucking time, someone tries to mow me down. Everyone from idiot teenagers, officers, parents with kids in the car, service people, to elders who should know better. I honestly cant believe how many distracted drivers are on the road. I look forward to a day that self-driving cars are commonplace. We already have cars that will slam on the brakes when stupid doesnt, and lane departure warning systems. Far from perfect but its something. It sucks to read about folks getting tangled up in it.

A few years in the saddle blesses some of us with extra situational awareness and hypervigilance, and curses others with errogance and an invincibility fable.

Everytime I go to town someone tries to mow me down. Not just teenagers anymore. Officers, parents with kids in the car, service people and elders who should know better. I honestly cant believe how many distracted drivers are on the road. I look forward to a day that self-driving cars are commonplace. We already have cars that will slam on the brakes when stupid doesnt, lane departure warning systems and other things of this nature. Far from perfect but its something. It sucks to read about folks getting tangled up in it and killed. This problem is getting worse, not better.

Latest posts

Back