Heading to Cordova this Friday night - 1/4 mile fun!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hubeerjw

Reaction score
If anyone is interested, I'm heading to Cordova this Friday for some test and tune.... need to get rid of some nitrous too!!! I think my buddy will be coming with his sled and is hoping to run around 9.6 or 9.7... for a 750cc, that is damn impressive.... his 60' times are like 1.1, so I'm sure all of that surface area helps out quite a bit. I'll be in Chicago for the next few days, but should be getting back on Thursday night. Give me a shout if anyone whats to join me 319.461.8969 or I'll just see you there.

Jeff

If anyone is interested, I'm heading to Cordova this Friday for some test and tune.... need to get rid of some nitrous too!!! I think my buddy will be coming with his sled and is hoping to run around 9.6 or 9.7... for a 750cc, that is damn impressive.... his 60' times are like 1.1, so I'm sure all of that surface area helps out quite a bit. I'll be in Chicago for the next few days, but should be getting back on Thursday night. Give me a shout if anyone whats to join me 319.461.8969 or I'll just see you there.

Jeff

Roy's going too!

I will try to make it Jeff but no promises!

I'm going to try and spray a 60 shot tomorrow... if Roy beats me on motor alone, I'm going to starve myself until next spring!!!! 230lbs and holding steady!

Re: UFO Posting there Win In July

Good luck tonight Jeff, hope you lay down some good numbers in this cool thin air..

I wouldnt add seafoam if you are going racing, yes the bike will run smoother but I think it slows down the burn rate, but hey that may be good with NOS I never thought of that..
Have fun brag a bit at the track show off the VMAX and most of all be safe so you can come back to the forum in one piece.

Re: UFO Posting there Win In July

Good luck tonight Jeff, hope you lay down some good numbers in this cool thin air..

I wouldnt add seafoam if you are going racing, yes the bike will run smoother but I think it slows down the burn rate, but hey that may be good with NOS I never thought of that..
Have fun brag a bit at the track show off the VMAX and most of all be safe so you can come back to the forum in one piece.

Another Maxer is going to be there racing too as well as myself but I am just watching...

Going to the dragstrip riding a muscle bike to watch?:ummm:

Thats like going to amusement park to just watch people ride the rides.

Thats like going to a strip joint but not looking at the dancers.

Thats like going to the bakery to just smell the goodies but not eating any.

Thats like going to a bar to just watch others drink a beer.

Thats like ohh hell,, whatever floats your boat, if you enjoy watching than :clapping:

I cant stand to goto a dragstrip and not be out there doing it..
Speaking of I think I am going to the track tonight to bracket race Ol Fortune Cookie,, Hopefully I can win with her and get a pic in the winners circle.

It was a fun night, I didn't do as well as I had hoped with the 60 shot... I think the cold air kept my NOS pressure down. I basically ran the same as with a 40 shot..???? Oh well, got to run against another VMax (Roy) and let him take my bike down the track... wanted to see what a rider that weighs 50 lbs lighter could do.... I'll post more on that in the morning.
My best pass was 10.759 @ 128.38mph.
My 60' times were crap, but I haven't been to the track in a month or two so I'm sure with more practice, I'll get better.
The good news is the bike and myself are both home safe, and now it is time to go snuggle up to the wife, and get rejected.... again!

I dont think that is a 40 shot of NOS making 128 MPH.:ummm:

Dont ya run 121 usually w/o NOS?
That would be close to 160 RWHP that should run atleast 134 MPH with caculations.

7MPH increase with a 40 shot doesnt sound right.

I know I pick up from 101 to 113 in the 1/8 mile with a 60 shot. I have never ran the 1/8.

Here was my best pass with a 40 hp shot:
Tire PSI - 20
Dial R/T - 0.361
60' - 1.79
330' - 4.633
1/8 - 6.963
1/8 MPH - 104.71
1000' - 8.991
1/4 - 10.716
1/4 MPH - 129.87

This was also with a street tire.
When I was on the dyno with a 40 shot, I was putting down 165 rwhp, so that 60 shot should have gotten me to around 185 hp. When I had fresh bottles and higher pressure, I couldn't keep the front wheel down with the drag slick last night. We'll just keep playing and maybe I'll be going back to the 40 shot and just keep working on my launches.... lots of room for improvement!

Going to the dragstrip riding a muscle bike to watch?:ummm:

Thats like going to amusement park to just watch people ride the rides. (I have seen people do just that)

Thats like going to a strip joint but not looking at the dancers. (Ok you can't do that unless you're blind)

Thats like going to the bakery to just smell the goodies but not eating any. (Been there done that)

Thats like going to a bar to just watch others drink a beer. (which I have done before)

Thats like ohh hell,, whatever floats your boat, if you enjoy watching than :clapping:

I cant stand to goto a dragstrip and not be out there doing it..
Speaking of I think I am going to the track tonight to bracket race Ol Fortune Cookie,, Hopefully I can win with her and get a pic in the winners circle.

#1 I rode my SV and #2 I don't race... Plain and simple... Now... When I get my car setup I will go out a couple of times I think...

Here was my best pass with a 40 hp shot:
Tire PSI - 20
Dial R/T - 0.361
60' - 1.79
330' - 4.633
1/8 - 6.963
1/8 MPH - 104.71
1000' - 8.991
1/4 - 10.716
1/4 MPH - 129.87

This was also with a street tire.
When I was on the dyno with a 40 shot, I was putting down 165 rwhp, so that 60 shot should have gotten me to around 185 hp. When I had fresh bottles and higher pressure, I couldn't keep the front wheel down with the drag slick last night. We'll just keep playing and maybe I'll be going back to the 40 shot and just keep working on my launches.... lots of room for improvement!

Yupp them numbers are getting better! There was a guy hanging around us at the track Friday night that just bought a 2003 Hayabusa. He was there to just watch and I was like "Dude join the fun ya already paid 5.00 to watch just give them another 10.00 and join us. He was like I dunno do you want to take my bike down the track? I was like hmmm no I will stay away from that idea (03 busa stock swingarm with a pipe) I didnt want to flip his bike half track) Well I told him I said listen, Go pay the 10.00 and make one pass if you didnt get a rush I will give your 10.00 back to you. He did made one pass and after that he was the first person inline the rest of the night when they called Bikers to the lanes. LOL he started off running 7.80's at 97 MPH and his last pass he ran a 7.0 something at 108
Dragracing a street bike on a sticky track takes time to get close to the bikes full potential without hurting yourself or the bike. Most important thing is you dont get hurt, you have fun, and you learn new advantages. Its very important to get people involved in racing, this sport is lacking since I started.

I'm involved! I go and watch! If it wasn't for us there would be no reason for NHRA or any racing organization...

I just DON'T race bikes on the track. It's a pact I made with myself some time ago.

Ok! If your Happy Watching Thats Great! NHRA needs spectators also. :clapping:

We all need cheerleaders in sports.. RAAAA RAAAA RAAA JEFFS OUR MAN RAAAAA RAAAA REV EM UP BANG THEM GEARS SHISH KOOM BANG GOOOOOOOO JEFF !!:rofl_200:

Back