Headlight fairing

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Björn

Reaction score
Hi.

New member from Sweden.

IMG_2151.JPG
I wonder if someone knows where i can find this fairing? Found the picture on pintrest, dont have any info about sorry. Maybe someone have seen it before and can point me in the right direction.

Bregards Björn

That would be nice to know. I bought another one I'm trying to fit, but since the headlight isn't mounted on wings, I have to figure out a way to bring the headlight out about 3 inches. However, I don't know how that will look IF I can do it.

I found an aftermarket 5.75" headlight bucket w/wings (ears) on eBay.

1604764205498.png

This is the fairing. It's smaller than it appears. I'll post pictures when I have it completed. Since I just ordered the headlight parts, it'll be a couple of weeks at least.

1604764327123.png

I found an aftermarket 5.75" headlight bucket w/wings (ears) on eBay.

View attachment 73602

This is the fairing. It's smaller than it appears. I'll post pictures when I have it completed. Since I just ordered the headlight parts, it'll be a couple of weeks at least.

View attachment 73603
Did you buy a 7 inch headlight? Your bikini fairing is for that-size headlamp and bucket but your displayed headlamp is the VMax 5-3/4" so you're left with a big unsightly gap between the headlamp bucket and the fairing.

Those headlamp brackets are flimsy-looking, I don't see any rubber grommets for the downtubes, which greatly-reduces vibration to the electronics, though with LED's that may-not be as-much an issue as it would be with incandescent lighting. I've never liked that bracket style, it just doesn't appear that the clamping mechanism is as-secure as those using 2 nuts/bolts per-side.

I like this style:
https://www.ebay.com/i/392748225019...Xor3axLPBXQifv8ENV1PiZxqpRaAalzoaAsvgEALw_wcB
$38 shipped, fits 1993-2007 VMax 43 mm downtubes.

Last edited:
Did you buy a 7 inch headlight? Your bikini fairing is for that-size headlamp and bucket but your displayed headlamp is the VMax 5-3/4" so you're left with a big unsightly gap between the headlamp bucket and the fairing.

Those headlamp brackets are flimsy-looking, I don't see any rubber grommets for the downtubes, which greatly-reduces vibration to the electronics, though with LED's that may-not be as-much an issue as it would be with incandescent lighting. I've never liked that bracket style, it just doesn't appear that the clamping mechanism is as-secure as those using 2 nuts/bolts per-side.

I like this style:
https://www.ebay.com/i/392748225019...Xor3axLPBXQifv8ENV1PiZxqpRaAalzoaAsvgEALw_wcB
$38 shipped, fits 1993-2007 VMax 43 mm downtubes.

My factory headlight did fill the opening on the fairing, so I'm hoping the new one will as well. I was surprised. I was expecting this nasty gap. I have a plan if the new headlight looks small. If I need to make something, like grommets, I'll go to Home Depot and get what I need.

Looking at the total diameter of the headlight housing, I'll only have 1/2" of gap.

1605037722471.png

Thanks for sharing that link!

Last edited:
Hi.

New member from Sweden.

View attachment 71839
I wonder if someone knows where i can find this fairing? Found the picture on pintrest, dont have any info about sorry. Maybe someone have seen it before and can point me in the right direction.

Bregards Björn
Whoever owned it probably did it. The back end has been fabricated, the pipes sticking up out of the air box cover...

That's a lot of custom fabrication.

Latest posts

Back