Headlight Mod

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poolio

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thinking of modding the front headlight. Would like to do a side by side with a smaller headlamp. I'm sure someone's done this. Is this something I'm gonna have to fab up myself or is there a kit available? Thanks for any help. Go fast! Brake early lol

I don't really care for the looks of the smaller headlamps, doubled, and appearing like a cold capsule cut in the middle, pretty-much a hemisphere joined to a tube, and then the lens. There are black ones like that, I think a few guys have done them.

The older Triumph Speed Triple had a good double headlight look.
ClickHandler.ashx

There is a Harley which has a double filament in a single housing, looking like something from biology class when you were studying cell division (the telophase stage of mitosis) where you have two round polar opposite masses still connected by a much-thinner middle section, like a dumbbell. I always thought that headlight might look good on a Gen 1.

ClickHandler.ashx

This next is the look I don't like. It does have two screws for the downtube brackets, and rubber collars, all important for good support and minimizing vibrations. it's the buckets I don't like.
ClickHandler.ashx

If you just want more light, a headlight relay kit from Eastern Beaver is DEFINATLY the way to go. Gives your headlight full battery power. And if you want the double headlight setup they have a kit for that as well.

If you want way more light, there is a 3000 lumen LED headlight bulb replacement kit on amazon for $19.90 right now. I just bought one and it's brighter than the 6000k HIDs I put in my truck.

Back