Headlight Modulator

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jayhawk said:
Anyone here ever used a headlight modulator on your VMax? If so, which one? And, if not, why not?

Thanks.

No, not yet but I think they are a terrific idea and would like to have one ......don't have a clue about brand names though. All the ones I have looked at are at l$100 or less.

I can't think of any reason not to run one.....
Legality perhaps.....cops around here are pretty forgiving to motorcycles though..they know we need every advantage we can get in this kind of traffic....(Houston)

wfcall said:
I can't think of any reason not to run one.....
Legality perhaps.....cops around here are pretty forgiving to motorcycles though..they know we need every advantage we can get in this kind of traffic....(Houston)

I found this today, poking around for a little info:

FMVSS 108 (Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards) (49 CFR Part 571.108 S7.9.4) allows motorcycle headlight modulation systems in all 50 states provided they comply with the standards set forth in this section.

Headlight Modulation is in paragraph S7.9.4.

Title 49 USC 30103(b1) (US Codes) prohibits any state from forbidding a system that conforms to FMVSS 108.

Link

And here's a link to their headlight modulators

I have a "Pathblazer" headlight mod. on my Max. IT WORKS. Easy to shut off and when it's on people in cars notice.
Easy to install and the sensor for night operation very inobtrusive.
Lew

From the above website, I looked up '93 Vmax this is the list from the search.

Years: 1995 - 2005
pathBlazer Head light modulator P115W-S
tailBlazer Integrated plug-in unit 10W-D
One wire splice-in 100HD
signalMinder Programmable flasher kit N/A
vectraLight Plug-in for signalMinder N/A
Universal kit VL-20
chargeGuard Solid-state charger CX-10
Volt-Amp & Temp display CG-25
Full system display & charger CG-10
tireAlert Valve-cap transducer TPM-20
Integrated Vlave-stem TPM-30