Headlight Option

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like Biker Dash's Honda shroud. Wonder if they are readily available and how much.

You might look at the M109R headlight with cover...

Ok, the Honda Shroud is not something Honda Powersports offers anymore. There is one company I know of (just gotta find that company again) that offers it.

One issue with the Honda piece is width. The V-max fork is a good deal narrower than the VTX, so there may be some fitment issues. Specifically, the shroud coming in contact with the scoops. That could probably be taken care of with carefl fitment and trimming.

I have also looked into the M109R headlight and shroud assembly, as a possibility, though I know less on how that one mounts. I DO like the turn signal assembly on the front of those bikes though.

I do like the look of the 7 inch round, the Vrod, and the VTX, but in the end I kept the original headlight and just converted to HID myself. I wanted to keep the original look of the front end but have better vision at night.

Here is my solution. Just installed today. EMGO 7" headlight. Be careful as there are two versions. One has a HUGE hole in the back which I did not like. This one costs more but is all steel and has the small hole. Available in black also. I got mine used off eBay as they are near $100 shipped (paid $60 shipped). The brackets are from Speed Moto (paid $45.95 shipped). Have to be sure they send the correct ones depending on which forks you have (41 or 43mm). Had to buy bolts, washers etc to fit headlight to brackets so bought all chrome ones.

My phone camera has a little trouble with the florescent and incandescent lighting in my storage unit.

Attachments

• IMAG0058.jpg
    IMAG0058.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 185
  • IMAG0066.jpg
    IMAG0066.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 171
  • IMAG0070.jpg
    IMAG0070.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 165
  • IMAG0057.jpg
    IMAG0057.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 194
I do like the look of the 7 inch round, the Vrod, and the VTX, but in the end I kept the original headlight and just converted to HID myself. I wanted to keep the original look of the front end but have better vision at night.

Did you use the DDMTuning HID? Does it make the housing really hot? Mine gets pretty hot and I don't want to melt stuff.

You have to snip off stock electrical plug & use bullet connectors. Low beam wire goes to top bulb, high beam wire goes to the bottom bulb & both bulbs share the ground wire

Ordered my headlight last week so I should be seeing it next week ;) ;) thanks mate

I did an EMGO 7" black headlight/chrome bezel on my bike this riding season, I got the complete housing from Competition Cycle Center in Dania Beach FL., It was a close-out, I think I paid a bit over $30. They post a lot of NOS (new-old stock) stuff on ebay motors because they buy liquidations. I replaced the stock lens w/a Harley clear lens & a halogen H4 that came w/it, bought used, suitable for an HID upgrade due to the lack of small-pattern designs on the lens, as it's mostly clear/no tiny pattern.

The ears were an ebay purchase for the 43 mm later-model forks I fitted to my '92, double fasteners & rubber insulators for the downtubes, and I bought some SS fasteners in a longer than stock length to make it easier to install (note the Vise-Grips). I also used fabric-reinforced rubber fender washers to further isolate the bulb from vibration.

I used to feel that over 70 mph I was out-driving my headlight, even on high beam, no-longer! Plus, I like the locomotive-look the big headlight gives it.
images

Question: what do the Pennsylvania Railroad, Hoover Vacuum Co., Coca-Cola, and the Avanti have in-common?

Attachments

• headlight-Superbrace.jpg
    headlight-Superbrace.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 448
  • Hlight.2.JPG
    Hlight.2.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 169
  • Hlight.3.JPG
    Hlight.3.JPG
    97.8 KB · Views: 179
  • Hlight.4.JPG
    Hlight.4.JPG
    132.8 KB · Views: 152
  • Hlight.5.JPG
    Hlight.5.JPG
    120.4 KB · Views: 177
  • Hlight.10 frontview.JPG
    Hlight.10 frontview.JPG
    145.2 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
Just had a question for you guys/girls. Which Harley light would work for our Vmax's? My neighbor has a brand new OEM light off his 2013 Fatboy (he upgraded to the projector headlight). Would this work on my truck with a little work? I also have the yamaha OEM flyscreen.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMAG0030.jpg
    IMAG0030.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 35
  • IMAG0032.jpg
    IMAG0032.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 33
The "Highway Hawks" brackets from the prior link don't appear to have any rubber donuts for vibration-resistance, a feature I would suggest.

New brackets fabricated up
The headlight sticks out to far for what I wanted, this will fix that problemImageUploadedByTapatalk1374030462.098910.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1374030472.932739.jpg

Geez, does everyone on this forum have metal fabrication equipment and skills?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I work for a big forklift company as a mechanic and we have a fabrication bay that we can all use (shouldn't do my own stuff in there during work hrs) but what they don't know... Right lol
There painted now and sitting in a nice warm oven (yes we have a paint booth too), will post pics when there dry ;) :)

Back