Headlight Option

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is something that I'm looking into doing soon. I was looking into Hella, but I couldn't seem to find any of their products that included the bucket. Has anyone used a Hella with any success, or would be able to recommend which direction to look? I'm wanting to keep an OEM look but with a clear lens and eventually upgrade the bulb to a HID kit.
Thanks

This is something that I'm looking into doing soon. I was looking into Hella, but I couldn't seem to find any of their products that included the bucket. Has anyone used a Hella with any success, or would be able to recommend which direction to look? I'm wanting to keep an OEM look but with a clear lens and eventually upgrade the bulb to a HID kit.
Thanks

This is my solution. Pardon the cell phone pics. It is an EMGO 7" chrome headlight. They make two versions in chrome or black with chrome rim. They have either a small or large hole in the back. Mine is the small hole. It costs about $20 or so more and is heavier than the one with the large hole. Uses a H4 bulb.

Attachments

• IMAG0057.jpg
    IMAG0057.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 64
  • IMAG0061.jpg
    IMAG0061.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 53
  • IMAG0066.jpg
    IMAG0066.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 52
  • IMAG0058.jpg
    IMAG0058.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 56
Is the bucket sold with the light? I did look for that light previously but could find only the light w/o the bucket.

Question: what do the Pennsylvania Railroad, Hoover Vacuum Co., Coca-Cola, and the Avanti have in-common?:ummm::confused2: (hint: refer to post #26)

Attached Thumbnails

Mine is also the 7" EMGO bucket, in black.

And can anyone answer that question? :ummm::confused2::ummm:

Since I already did my headlight, I was once considering using this piece, but passed when I got a great deal on the EMGO bucket/bezel and the H-D lens/halogen bulb:
(pic shot at the place in the following pics, somewhere in the Midwest, I can't recall where it is...:biglaugh:)

Attachments

• IMG_0144.jpg
    IMG_0144.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_0148.jpg
    IMG_0148.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 70
Is the bucket sold with the light? I did look for that light previously but could find only the light w/o the bucket.

It is sold with the light and bulb. Search eBay with the following parameters: - (headlight,"head light") 7 EMGO - Include the description in the search.

There will be many but just look for the ones that say 7" and show the complete unit with bucket and light. You will see the difference between the large hole and small hole in the back. I was afraid the weather would compromise the one with the large hole so went for the small hole.

Brackets are a personal preference. I purchased two chrome sets, one for $46 and one for $25. Liked the $46 ones which are shown in the pics. Will probably sell the $25 ones. Be very careful as many sellers don't have the sizes right. Early forks are 41mm, later are 43mm.

Question: what do the Pennsylvania Railroad, Hoover Vacuum Co., Coca-Cola, and the Avanti have in-common?:ummm::confused2: (hint: refer to post #26)

Attached Thumbnails

Mine is also the 7" EMGO bucket, in black.

And can anyone answer that question? :ummm::confused2::ummm:

Since I already did my headlight, I was once considering using this piece, but passed when I got a great deal on the EMGO bucket/bezel and the H-D lens/halogen bulb:
(pic shot at the place in the following pics, somewhere in the Midwest, I can't recall where it is...:biglaugh:)

Raymond Loewy designs?

Raymond Loewy designs?

We have a
Winn-ahhhh!

Congratulations!
Bet you didn't think the Coke bottle was his design! What a genius! Trains, planes, boats, cars, and food packaging, all his designs.

He also designed the Studebaker Hawk series which in my opinion were the best looking production cars of the era. Way ahead of their time.. :worthy:

Attachments

• Hawk.jpg
    Hawk.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 39
  • Hawk 2.jpg
    Hawk 2.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 35
Yes, the Starliner Coupe. One of my friends with-whom I attended college in MI had a Golden Hawk. Prettiest dashboard you ever saw, and supreme bragging-rights when you opened the hood! Their aero low-drag made them among the fastest cars at Bonneville and Muroc Dry Lakes SCTA top-speed runs.

He also designed the Studebaker Hawk series which in my opinion were the best looking production cars of the era. Way ahead of their time.. :worthy:

Back