headlight out..what am i missing?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

V-Four

Reaction score
So..cldnt find anythin in my search..maybe its suttin simple..

I noticed the other night..my light didnt come on right away..started jostlein things around..and nothin..then it came on on its own.Iade it home.

days later..went for ride wit buddy..he tells me my light aint on.

took it apart..tested light..its good.
checked connection to light...seems ok..no voltage tho.
when i put it back together..it came on when i turned key..when i started bike..it went out again.
Is there a headlight relay somewhere i cant find?..

sorry if its a silly question..and i will try to figger out schematic..but thought maybe u knowlegeable guys might know suttin.

ps..when its not working..the speedo light is also not working..

thanks.
t$

might be the starter button...it will get corroded and act funky.

The starter button turns the headlight of while running the starter, check starter button to make sure it is not sticking

Greg ("Ninjaneer") did a great write-up on that. Thanks for posting the link, I had forgotten that one!

Awesome...thats why i come to you guys...I woulda been rippin my hair out..as Ive only been checkin the obvious (to me)

Ill letcha know how this turns out tonite...

t$

The ignition switch may have something to do with it as well. A proper cleaning might get you going. You can have some gunk build up in there... Check high beam switch as well if nothing else works

Ok..i went to store at breaktime.. just for hahas. ..after I started the bike, i pulled out the starter button with my thumb..and BINGO. Light came on.
Im pretty sure this verifies what ive been told..starter button needs a cleanin.
THANK YOU GUYS soooo much. I woulda been goin nuts as for some reason I dint even think of that. :worthy:
thanks again.
T$.

Latest posts

Back