Headlight Power Issue

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ccgroup

Reaction score
I have an issue with my headlight. 95' model. I have power at the fuse but no power to the Hi/Low switch. It was intermittent and now nothing. New bulb. Continuity through the bulbs and instrument cluster.
Any suggestions?

Agreed, the start button is probably sticking in a little bit. Just pull it out and you'll probably be good to go. A little lube will let it work easier too.

Thank you very much for the help. Exactly what it was, a sticky starter switch, i pulled it and the headlight came on. I will take it apart and clean it.
Much appreciated.
Thank you.

Cheers.

This reminds me of a story. My dad had this exact same issue last year with his '86. I told him how to fix it and he forwarded it to the Yamaha dealer as they wanted to order a new bulb.

Yamaha: "The headlight doesn't go out when you press the start button".
Dad (in his Mr Larson-like voice from Happy Gilmore): "I beg to differ......"

The Yamaha tech walked to his own Vmax and tried it. "Well I'll be God **@(@*(".

LoL

This reminds me of a story. My dad had this exact same issue last year with his '86. I told him how to fix it and he forwarded it to the Yamaha dealer as they wanted to order a new bulb.

Yamaha: "The headlight doesn't go out when you press the start button".
Dad (in his Mr Larson-like voice from Happy Gilmore): "I beg to differ......"

The Yamaha tech walked to his own Vmax and tried it. "Well I'll be God **@(@*(".

LoL

LOL, I am sure there are a lot of things he thinks he knows about his Vmax that he'd be Damned about.

Back