Headlight Relay Mod

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vinmax

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had anyone here done the headlight relay mod? I know it used to be popular and there was even someone that sold a kit.
I have my garage door opener attached to my high beam and I was checking this the other day, and see that I only get 11.4v max to the headlight. I want to add the relay but was not really in the loop when it seemed everyone was doing this mod.

Now that I'm looking into it, I don't find much online about it.

Links, pics, documents will all help.
Thanks,
Vinnie

Other than likely prolonging the life of your switchgear, you’ll end up with a marginally brighter headlight. Not really enough to make a huge difference in my opinion.

But the concept for accomplishing this is the same throughout the motorcycle world. Find a dedicated high current 12V line or create one, fuse it and switch it with a relay controlled by the original headlight circuit. There are examples of this all over the Internet applied to any number of motorcycles. The concept is the same on all of them.

Eastern Beaver I think makes the kit though I also have a simple high output bulb and ceramic socket we sell ($40). Takes the light from 55/60W to 100/140W.

Sean

Latest posts

Back