Heads up on potential Dyantek Dyna3000 ('90-'07) availability issue

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acammer

Reaction score
I can only report on what I know and have learned, so there very well may be more to the following than I am aware of, but from what I've found over the last couple of days, the Dyna3000 may become a hard to obtain item, at least in the near future, if not more permanently.

I ordered a Dyna3000 for my Max from Sean about a 10 days ago. He informed me last night that he's been trying to get a hold of Dynatek but has not had any success at all. I attempted to get a hold of Dynatek several times today, and was also unable to, trying any extensions, prompts, or numbers, does not get to anybody. I called Sean, we determined that they may be having some issues, and it could be a potential problem, even his direct contacts were non-responsive.

So, I hopped on eBay to do a little scouting to see if anybody else had one of these available on their shelf. PartsDepotATV was my first stop, their eBay store said 10 on hand - so I called to check. They didn't have any on the shelf, I spent half an hour holding while they tried all their contacts at Dynatek. Unsurprisingly, he (Steve) couldn't get anyone either. He told me he'd call if he hears anything.

I then contacted GM-Cycles, they confirmed they had a unit on hand, so I wasted no time in getting mine ordered. Sean had already agreed that if could find one, to grab it and we'd do a refund.

So, I don't know what this may actually means, it could be nothing. But, Sean and Steve both said that while Dynatek is notoriously hard to get a hold of, the fact that they couldn't get anybody, especially with Sean's week plus of trying, is highly suspect. They may have just closed the doors, gone bancrupt, who knows. If that's the case, if you're considering a Dyna3000, I'd buy one before they skyrocket in price as they are sure to do if they really are out of production now. Of course, maybe they had a two week company wide shut-down, and will be back in on Monday, who knows.

Anybody else heard anything?

After reading this, I thought what the hell i'll try calling dynatek. I was on hold for about 15 minutes, and then a salesman answered. He said that they still offer the dyna 3000 for the 90-07, and don't have plans to discontinue it anytime soon! I asked about the one for the 85-89, and he said he hasen't heard of any plans to start manufacturing them again!

Jeff

After reading this, I thought what the hell i'll try calling dynatek. I was on hold for about 15 minutes, and then a salesman answered. He said that they still offer the dyna 3000 for the 90-07, and don't have plans to discontinue it anytime soon! I asked about the one for the 85-89, and he said he hasen't heard of any plans to start manufacturing them again!

Jeff

Wow, I held 10-15 minutes, as well Sean and parts depot both with 15+ minutes of holding. Good to know its just ridiculously terrible service, them ignoring Sean over a week as well as there other vendors, and not that they are actually having any "real" problems.

Good confirmation Jeff.

Yeah, I can imagine if there was problem, they would instantly become worth as much as a factory backrest!

Jeff

Factory back rests are almost worthy of collector status...:rofl_200:

Back