Headset Bearings?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmaxinID

Reaction score
Does anybody recall any web sites that sell a complete replacement bearing/headset kit?

It's for a 1999

I saw it once and now can't find them.
________
Suzuki GV1400

Last edited:
Last edited:
I bought mine from the local Yamaha dealer; took about a week to get them.
They are not too expensive....

Incidentally I think their parts people are dumbasses because I asked them to specify whether they came with races or not and they said that the bearings did not use races....WTF ????

I quit trying to teach the pig to sing and just ordered them and they did come with races....

We can have a whole new thread:eusa_dance: on here when you get ready to change them and try to remove the lower race form the neck... it can be a real bitch getting them out........there are several tried and true techniques I'm sure that people have to offer..

I too let yamaha dealer do the job.

wfcall said:
I bought mine from the local Yamaha dealer; took about a week to get them.
They are not too expensive....

Incidentally I think their parts people are dumbasses because I asked them to specify whether they came with races or not and they said that the bearings did not use races....WTF ????

I quit trying to teach the pig to sing and just ordered them and they did come with races....

We can have a whole new thread:eusa_dance: on here when you get ready to change them and try to remove the lower race form the neck... it can be a real bitch getting them out........there are several tried and true techniques I'm sure that people have to offer..
________
extreme vaporizer review

Last edited:
My Yamaha shop dudes are clueless.
Everytime I call for V max parts they keep trying to reference sno sled numbers and are like "I can't seem to find it".
First 2 or 3 times ok but by now they should of caught the clues.

ANYWAY

Thanks for the races info, I couldn't find them in the microfiche.

The plan: 36 degree rake baby aw yea!

Method: Angle cut headset on frame, weld on fabricated headset identical to old headset.
We're cuttin right through the old races so no problem there.
I'm havin this old school chopper "tech" do the delicate work.
He's done hundreds and I like the quality of his work.

My only hangup is if I want to keep the lock or ditch it.
________
volcano vaporizer reviews

Last edited:
I keep them in stock but I am going to be higher the University though I should be less then your local stealer.

Sean Morley

Mr. Morley

Mabey it's me but I don't quite understand quite all of your post.

"but I am going to be higher the University"

If it's just me sorry.

I'll throw you a e-mail thanks for the help.
________
volcano classic review

Last edited:
vmaxinID said:
Mr. Morley

Mabey it's me but I don't quite understand quite all of your post.

"but I am going to be higher the University"

If it's just me sorry.

I'll throw you a e-mail thanks for the help.

I'm going to cost more to buy from then if you bought directly from University yourself. The reason for that is simple. I keep a lot of Vmax Specific parts on hand for immediate use (by me or others) and can generally ship out the next day on most orders. Of course I have a lot of overhead to keep them on hand and as such try to make it worthwile to do so.

return email sent to you. Thanks.

one2dmax said:
I'm going to cost more to buy from then if you bought directly from University yourself. The reason for that is simple. I keep a lot of Vmax Specific parts on hand for immediate use (by me or others) and can generally ship out the next day on most orders. Of course I have a lot of overhead to keep them on hand and as such try to make it worthwile to do so.

return email sent to you. Thanks.

Sean, I believe vmaxinID doesn't know about Gary at University Motors and it was your reference to University that he didn't understand.

FYI, Gary McCoy is not the general manager and is no longer the part contact. Please ask for Mike.

maleko89 said:
FYI, Gary McCoy is not the general manager and is no longer the part contact. Please ask for Mike.

I think there is more then one MIKE. Make sure it is Mike Barth.

BTW - what happened to Gary? I knew he moved up from parts manager. Did he get the boot already?

Sean

Sean, he's the General Manager....whatever that means. I know University is also moving to a new building. Gary is still there.

maleko89 said:
Sean, he's the General Manager....whatever that means. I know University is also moving to a new building. Gary is still there.
A general manager is over the other department managers and usually runs the whole show while the president is busy playing golf. :eek:hyeah00:

Are the steering head bearings tapered on a Max? Does anyone make tapered ones?

Yes, they're tapered. Stock set after discount is about $36 before shipping from University Motors. That's one of my winter projects.

Latest posts

Back