VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heat shield cover???

• engine cover

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • shield cover

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

alex fernandez

Reaction score
Hi there Im looking for a "heat shield cover"( I guess that's the name of that) that goes in between your legs for a 2001 Vmax,but I can't find it nowhere,If someone have any idea pls let me know ..maybe is un under a different name pls help,here is a picture of it (picture from a vmax of some user in Japan on Instagram)

Attachments

• 20181211_003855.png
    20181211_003855.png
    965.6 KB · Views: 54
I have plenty of parts. There is a steel shield on the stock exhaust setup and another plastic one on the rear valve cover. Unless it's something else you're looking for. Email me at [email protected]

Probably not specifically. Email me at [email protected] and we'll see if we can get figured out what you're looking for. Neither of those covers are required for the bike to work just fine. In fact most full aftermarket headers do not have provisions to reuse the exhaust heat shield and thus they are discarded or removed and stored.

I got mine off ebay. Is it ok to post a link to ebay? If not then look up knee plates for VMAX 1200. More for looks than anything but can press knees on them whereas stock bike has nothing to grip when cornering.

The part that Mr Fernandez has circled on his pic are called 'knee grips'.
They are not OE equipment and were made by quite a few enterprises. I don't know if anyone still sells them.
Some examples are here.

I have a pair that I have never gotten around to installing. I forget what I paid for them, make me a reasonable offer.
I'll get out to the garage later today and get a pic to post of them.

Latest posts

Back