Heated Grips

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nstyn8

Reaction score
Does anyone run heated grips on their max? I am needing some new grips and figured since I want all black I might as well try the heated ones. I saw 2 different ones on ebay that look like they would be ok. The first one is more expensive but looks a little nicer LINK The second is a little cheaper but looks like the controller is a little better LINK I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with these? Thanks!!

danny and i both run the ones that go under the existing grips.

Had the wrap-arounds on a couple bikes. Worked ok. Am now looking at "Heat Demons" by Symtec (who also makes the wrap-around type). Neater installation and controls.

I've used the Oxford ones on my bikes in the UK for a number of years.

They worked brilliantly, and last well. Grip were comfortable (not too big) and the controls were great. Never really needed to run them at more than 50% - felt like my gloves were gonna melt if I went higher!

A great purchase for sure, and one I would most definitely get again if I went riding outside Florida.

I have the Oxfords on mine, they work great. If you decide to get those, see if they have the new controller design before you buy them. The original design has so many problems that they will replace them for no charge with the newer design.

I have the Oxfords on mine, they work great. If you decide to get those, see if they have the new controller design before you buy them. The original design has so many problems that they will replace them for no charge with the newer design.

Its looking like these are a pretty good deal. How do I tell if it has the new controller?

where did you two pick those up again G? was it ebay, you remember how much and name brand?

Tugla,

Go to this website, http://www.bluestreakracing.ca/ , and ask Tony about the Oxford grips. He ships for free on orders >$59 Cdn anywhere in Canada. He is also a great guy to deal with. His shop is where I get a TON of my performance stuff for Toxic. Shameless plug, but he sells a stainless steel, cleanable, oil filter from PC Racing that is the shit and only $112 + taxes.

Ok, so the "Hot Grips" that Tony sells are a bit more than $36 US.......... Went and looked even though Toxic doesn't need any more of an electrical load to the system that heated grips would cause.

thanks guys lots of choices, think you ended up with the rocker switch style ey Dan?
was just thinking i will order some for when i chg the bars on V2 just go to those 1inch longer bars, bike rides nice with those on, never rode any other on the vmax.

Ok, so the "Hot Grips" that Tony sells are a bit more than $36 US.......... Went and looked even though Toxic doesn't need any more of an electrical load to the system that heated grips would cause.

where abouts on his site are the grips? cant find them :bang head: must need more coffee today

thanks guys lots of choices, think you ended up with the rocker switch style ey Dan?
was just thinking i will order some for when i chg the bars on V2 just go to those 1inch longer bars, bike rides nice with those on, never rode any other on the vmax.

i went with the toggle, simply because it required you cut a smaller hole

seems like a big switch for just heated grips, on sleds you get little guys to handle the load, guess could just chg for a smaller unit, you end up putting it on the plastic next to faux tank garrett?convenient place i guess

seems like a big switch for just heated grips, on sleds you get little guys to handle the load, guess could just chg for a smaller unit, you end up putting it on the plastic next to faux tank garrett?convenient place i guess

next to the key on the little parallel flat part. my steering damper and zboost switch are on the left, so no room there.

its a bigger sized switch, to handle the 3 amps it uses on high.

Its looking like these are a pretty good deal. How do I tell if it has the new controller?

This set has the old controller

photo.php

This set has the new controller

0.jpg

I have had both, and the new controller is light years ahead of the old one. It really sucks when the heated grips turn off for no reason and won't come back on:damn angry:

No, the toggle Ro....put it in front of the ignition switch, grabbed the ground off the one on the hot water manifold.

ive fitted oxford grips to my max, i wired a relay switch behind the head light. so they switch off with the ignition.
i am told they need to see 13volts from the charging system before they can be swithced on.

Back