Heated grips

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lew L said:
Where is the proper place to hook up an electrical accessory like heated grips on the Max????

Lew

Technically, you could run it off any wire that has 12 volts on it, but I'd run a fused link right from the battery. I think a lot of the electrical wiring on the VMax is a bit undersized.

Buster Hymen said:
Technically, you could run it off any wire that has 12 volts on it, but I'd run a fused link right from the battery. I think a lot of the electrical wiring on the VMax is a bit undersized.

I agree; just go directly to the battery through a fuse.

The only drawback to this approach is the ability to accidentally leave it on.

I've taken a different aproach on all my accesories.
Boogie lites
LED's behind the scoop grilles
Aftermarket air horns
Wideband commander A/F monitor

I ran a #10 wire through a relay and let the headlight circuit turn the relay on and off. That way none of this stuff can be left on to drain the battery. It is turned on and off with the key position. The relay coil itself is the only load the headlight circuit actually sees which is almost no load at all...

The leds and boogie lites I have on the same circuit from the battery but went through a separate relay that gets turned on by the hot wire going to the taillight when the key is in the access/park position or whatever the hell it says on there. That way I can leave the lightshow on and still take the key with me.....

Back