• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Heavily modded '88 FS in Houston

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maleko89

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm listing this for a buddy, Don Smith from Houston, TX.

Due to recent health, been advised to not ride anymore. So after 27 years with bike I am selling my max. I am asking 7K. Motor alone cost more than 10K.

Bought it new in '88. 1327 with 12.8-1 compression, 0-4 cams, 39mm Keihen FCR's, Tsubaki timing chains, rotating assy balanced, Carillo long rods, JE pistons, new wiring harness, lightened flywheel, Venture stator, 4 brush starter, 96' regulator, new ignition pickups,... new black box, new Barnett carbon clutch last year, 98 GSXR1100 forks replaced 3 yr's. ago with 310mm Galfer Wave rotors with internals from Race Tech, Exactrep tail piece, seat redone by Trendsetters in Katy, Mark McDade exhaust, braided brake/clutch lines, Accossato clutch/brake master cyl's. Suzuki rear 17''x5.5 rear wheel with 03 Busa brake parts, Venture diff., Works street tracker billet aluminum shocks. Everything was replaced in motor including transmission, bearings, shafts, cases were only things reused. I have all paper work From PCW Racing and K&N on parts that are in motor. It has ran a best of 10:35@136 with me, light weight friend did 10:03 @139 at Baytown.

Don Smith
832-491-0139
[email protected]

Attachments

• Don Smith Vmax.png
    Don Smith Vmax.png
    143.1 KB · Views: 119
Saw that ad on Craigslist damn I wish I had some free cash to get this one! Kyle told me it is worth every penny then a bunch of more dollars!

I wish he had left the seat we did for him a few years back. This current seat isn't terribly attractive.

A perfect example of a Gen 1 built with some great forethought and some of the best parts available.

I hope someone who can appreciate what it is comes along and grabs this great bike.

Tell Don I wish him the best of luck with the sale, and of course most important his health.

Mark

A perfect example of a Gen 1 built with some great forethought and some of the best parts available.

I hope someone who can appreciate what it is comes along and grabs this great bike.

Tell Don I wish him the best of luck with the sale, and of course most important his health.

Mark

Absolutely , best wishes on the health issue. Bike is definitely a classic.

Best to Don. He's been a great help to me and many in the Vmax community for a long time. Sorry to hear about the health issues. That's a nice deal for someone that's going to buy a vmax and then modify it. Everything is already done for the perfect street/strip machine.
Steve-o

Never mind I skimmed it three times and found it the fourth time.

Good luck with the sale. If it was cheaper and I could afford another one I would look at this one.

Todd

Back