Heavy Duty Wiring Kit Vendor???

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m-cman

Alien Abductee
Reaction score
Did a search but couldn't find the vendor from England that sells heavy duty wiring kits. He sells various versions plus manual radiator fan switches. The kits are supposed to fix grounding, crimp, R&R problems. He often has these kits on eBay but has none right now.

Anyone have a link to his website?

If I remember correctly, it replaces the battery, R&R wires (and maybe others) with larger wires and directly connects the R&R to the battery. It may do other things also. He advertises it as a "hot start fix" among other benefits. He had sets on eBay with a good description of how it works. He seems to put sets on every once in a while instead of having them on eBay continuously. He has at least two variations and a combined kit. Am having charging problems and have done the crimp fix so am thinking of trying his kit(s). I do remember he is in England and the shipping was a little high which is why I have been hesitant to buy.

When I bought my bike I had the hot start problems. I purchased the heavy duty ground cable and the starter kit. It fixed the hot start problems totally. No issues at all now.

I've had one of the HD earth cable kits and can confirm that the quality is excellent.

Do you have a charging/ starting problem or is it for 'belt and braces'?

I have both starting and earthing kits, excellent quality, quick supply and it made a big difference as my wiring was getting on for its 20th birthday.

If anyone is going to order these kits, they dont come with the end protectors for the terminals, you are supposed to reuse your old, mine fell to pieces, so would be best to plan on replacing them.

Last edited:
I have the ground kit and it's a huge help. The biggest differences I made were PC680 and then a Venture regulator.

I have some extra draw on my system with a 55w and two 35w front lights and rear turn signals changed to dual element bulbs to get running lights and a 100w high beam. That comes to about 260w max plus the normal system draws. Twice I have drained the battery (PC680) after driving many miles at a steady 80 or so (about 4500 rpm - Venture diff) with all the lights on. Had to wait a while for the battery to recover before it would start. I want to add heated grips but cannot until I get more output.

I don't know what the system is rated for but am going to try the kit. If that doesn't work, I will have to try a higher output stator and maybe an updated R&R.

Anyone have any suggestions or ideas to fix the problem? (Stock 1997).

Stock v-max generator makes 14V, 25A at 5000rmps so its 350W.
Ignitoin system takes about 7-9A so about 100-130W.

You just load it to much.
You need the stronger stator.
I bealive Venture stators are about 400W which can be still not enough for You.

I've had an idea once, with converting the stock stator to DELTA and theoreticly make it 3 times more powerful, but it was just an idea...

Stock v-max generator makes 14V, 25A at 5000rmps so its 350W.
Ignitoin system takes about 7-9A so about 100-130W.

You just load it to much.
You need the stronger stator.
I bealive Venture stators are about 400W which can be still not enough for You.

I've had an idea once, with converting the stock stator to DELTA and theoreticly make it 3 times more powerful, but it was just an idea...

Thanks for the info. Didn't realize the ignition system took so much juice. We don't have much extra capacity for accessories.

Does anyone know if there is anything available that provides more watts than the Venture stator?

Try calling this company, I've heard good reviews. Maybe they could rewind you stator for more output. Last I saw was around $150 for their work on vmax stators.

http://www.customrewind.com/

If a bunch of guys are interested in getting these wiring kits I could probably make them up for a really fair price.

Try calling this company, I've heard good reviews. Maybe they could rewind you stator for more output. Last I saw was around $150 for their work on vmax stators.

http://www.customrewind.com/

If a bunch of guys are interested in getting these wiring kits I could probably make them up for a really fair price.
Count me in Mike, I was planning on doing the ground and the starter mod this winter anyway. Just the savings on the shipping would make it worthwhile and the benefits seem to be well documented.

Latest posts

Back