Heavy front end?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A62409

Reaction score
Bought a used Gen2 recently and am amazed how heavy the front end feels at a stop...Tire pressure is correct and don't feel any obvious bearing issues...My Harley weighs the same but feels so much different...Anyone else experience the same or know what the problem is or is this normal?

Greg

Not sure what you mean really, heavy turning or heavy to wheelie? Lol. It is likely heavier feeling in corner because youre higher off the ground.

I passed on buying a 2nd Gen - the heavy front steering was a factor.

It's normal, there is a massive V4 that's pretty much all on the front tire. It nimbles up at speed. No problem to drag foot pegs, and throw it around in the Twisties. It's very nimble for it's size.... Think of it as speed sensitive steering.

I'm aware it's nimble off idle...It is just turning the handlebars at a dead stop, if it's normal then I guess OK then.

Let's try to remember this thing weighs 680 pounds, then add your own weight and gear.[/QUOTE

If that's what it is, then fine...Again my harley weighs the same and no where near the same feel...thanks for the responses.

Latest posts

Back